EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

David Lanz & Paul Speer

Starwalker
One of the Coolest Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:08 am    David Lanz & Paul Speer Reply with quoteBack to top

[b]Curious if anyone on the thread got into this duo? Excellent stuff, kinda newagey but IMO, more electronic, great guitar riffs and nice electronic perc, great use of electronics.

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
Bert

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:49 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, I got their first 2 albums which are pretty good; thereafter things turned a bit too cheesy for me....
just my 2 cents.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
René

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:16 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I like Natural States
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:36 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The first 2 here as well. After that I lost my interest.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
BillBinkelman
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:22 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Paul Speer and Scott Rockenfield (the drummer from Queensryche) released an album in 2000 titled Hells Canyon (music inspired by the real Hells Canyon here in the US). It's very good but is closer to progressive/rock fusion than "new age" with lots of guitar and keyboards together. If you like the more uptempo stuff from Speer's collaborations with Lanz, you should check into this one. It rocks pretty hard at times, but some of the tracks are very high energy quasi-EM, owing to the presence of some synths.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:31 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Bill is that Pauls solo work with Scott R? if so thats a good one i have it on cdr.

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de