EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Castalia (1988) by Mark Isham

René

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:29 pm    Castalia (1988) by Mark Isham Reply with quoteBack to top

What a class. So beautiful. Sometimes jazzy, so could be as the other sub-forum as well.
Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:49 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, it's a good one, nice contributions from Patrick O'Hearn. The same year Isham contributed to O'Hearn's Rivers Gonna Rise album by the way.

The Grand Parade is the most "commercial" track, but the ambient ones are good too.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
Seeker_UK
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:26 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I have "Castalia" and I like it but I didn't enjoy it half as much as "Vapor Drawings" which is a wonderful mix of mid 80s keyboards and trumpet. "Castalia" just doesn't have that same magic.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
M@kz Delissen
Obscurist

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:32 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Castalia may not be the best he ever did (since there is no account for taste, it can't be), but there are some superb tracks on it. My personal favourite is "Meeting With The Parabolist".

Some of the tracks on this album are a bit too "romantic" for me. Too much violins going on, and too much Hollywood-soundtrack-break-out-the-tissue's-because-this-is-gonna-be-a-boohoo-scene pathetics

A big bonus is that this album was recorded very well (like most of his albums)

One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« M@kz Delissen » wrote:
Castalia may not be the best he ever did (since there is no account for taste, it can't be), but there are some superb tracks on it. My personal favourite is "Meeting With The Parabolist".

Some of the tracks on this album are a bit too "romantic" for me. Too much violins going on, and too much Hollywood-soundtrack-break-out-the-tissue's-because-this-is-gonna-be-a-boohoo-scene pathetics

A big bonus is that this album was recorded very well (like most of his albums)

I don't think there is a single violin on that album...

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
René

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:49 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I hear strings on the track "My Wife's Champagne Shoulders".
M@kz Delissen
Obscurist

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:21 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

that's what I mean...synth strings. I'm one of those old-fashioned guys that still calls them "violins".

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de