EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

The Korg Legacy Collection, what do you think of it?

René

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:55 pm    The Korg Legacy Collection, what do you think of it? Reply with quoteBack to top

it's good. Only drawback for me is the limited storage of presets.
somnarium
Cool Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

It is very nice. Soft vesrion of Korg Wavestation a lot easier to program for a dummy like me Wink
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Gert Emmens
Very Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:06 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

And that cute looking MS20 controller! Thinking about buying it.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger    
phochos
Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:37 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got the Korg Legacy Controller yesterday and I'm waiting for the software package Legacy Cell Analogue.
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:23 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The idea itself is really nice, especially that miniature MS-20. Its simulation (emulation?) is certainly a mixed bag but when it comes to filterless digital instruments like the Wavestation (or the M1, if you want to call it an instrument), it

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
von haulshoven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:39 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

it reminds me a little of 1978
I bought a ms10, my first synth.
did know anything about keys or synths (I played guitar) and when I did "something" with the filter I got sounds like klaus schulze!!!

modulator_esp
One of the Coolest Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:04 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
The idea itself is really nice, especially that miniature MS-20. Its simulation (emulation?) is certainly a mixed bag but when it comes to filterless digital instruments like the Wavestation (or the M1, if you want to call it an instrument), it

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
phochos
Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:08 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« von haulshoven » wrote:
it reminds me a little of 1978
I bought a ms10, my first synth.
did know anything about keys or synths (I played guitar) and when I did "something" with the filter I got sounds like klaus schulze!!!

This was also my first real synthesizer (beside the Casio VL1 I had first). Laughing

Vietgrove
Very Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:57 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The digital resonant filter in the virtual wavestation is OK but not awesome.

The main advantages over the hardware version of the wavestation are:
extra polyphony - you can make up one of those multilayered shifting/evolving sounds, and still be able to play proper chords on it
Easier to create sounds, though not by much, strangely enough.
You get all the PCM card sounds
No whining noise from the LCD (this is a big advantage, really!)

Disadvantages:
Slightly easier to edit, but somewhat RSI-inducing
You lose the great master-keyboard facilityies (if you're replacing the WS keyboard w/it)

I got the Legacy digital edition, I don't play with the software M1 much, you start off on that "universe" sound and it just makes you sound like a early '90's new age musician.

The hidden gem of the package is that little effect processor, that sounds great and is very easy to use.

I don't fancy the analogue legacy pack, maybe if you could get the mono/poly vsti on its own, I'd buy that.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address    
pjtmusic

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:05 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Vietgrove » wrote:

I don't fancy the analogue legacy pack, maybe if you could get the mono/poly vsti on its own, I'd buy that.

Now that would be worth buying Cool

Soundwave
Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:51 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The interface is a nice idea but the build quality is very cheap n' tacky in toy like way and is useless for anything else, the analogue sounds are ok but put it next to an Arturia and they sound very weak in comparison, I also don't see the point of emulating obsolete ROMplers when there's so much more advanced softsynths out there.
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:32 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Soundwave » wrote:
The interface is a nice idea but the build quality is very cheap n' tacky in toy like way and is useless for anything else, the analogue sounds are ok but put it next to an Arturia and they sound very weak in comparison, I also don't see the point of emulating obsolete ROMplers when there's so much more advanced softsynths out there.

Well, erm, the original Korgs *did* sound weak in comparison with the originals Arturia set out to emulate Smile .

Stephen

phochos
Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:42 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I have problems with the Korg Legacy and controller. When I load the software and want to use the software, the computer tells me he can't find the controller.

What's the problem?

Phochos

solitaryzen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:56 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Pretty good package I think. I was amazed how close the MS-20 came to the real thing - but close just isn't good enough when talking about the MS-20 Smile Still, it's capable of great sounds of course, and possible to do things that you can't do with an original MS-20.
Julian Ray
Cool Member

canada.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:06 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

A very good collection with lots of recognizable sounds. I use it quite rare, because I prefer less "familiar" sound, but it's nice to have it, like "back in time" when Poly 800 was my first KORG synth Smile

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de