EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Kevin Braheny website

Feb Birthed
One of the Coolest Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:10 pm    Kevin Braheny website Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't remember seeing this before. I think it's fairly new?
Too bad he still uses Myspace for his music. Myspace suks!

http://www.kevinbrahenyfortune.com/index.html

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
Bert

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:47 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

no it isn't, but it depends what one you considers fairly new;
Kevin wants to re-release his fully cleaned and remasted classic "Lullabye for the HOS" for quite some time know, but still has found any label interested in doing so..

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Feb Birthed

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:54 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Bert » wrote:
no it isn't, but it depends what one you considers fairly new;
Kevin wants to re-release his fully cleaned and remasted classic "Lullabye for the HOS" for quite some time know, but still has found any label interested in doing so..

Probably the last time I searched out his music/website, prior to now, was around 5 years ago.

Really no label is interested? It seems like a smaller label would love to re-release it??

ech3
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Why does he need a label at all?

Can't he put it on Musiczeit?

Feb Birthed

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« ech3 » wrote:
Why does he need a label at all?

Can't he put it on Musiczeit?

I was wondering the same thing (about not needing a label). Why not just release it himself? Maybe he's looking for a label to give him a nice payday?

phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:34 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe he's just old school expecting a release the way it used to be...

Not long ago I asked Geoffrey Chandler if his Starscapes album is likely to come out digitally,
He admitted the LP pressing was very poor/noisy and regretted agreeing with the record label for the cheaper pressing plant at the time...in fact the cassette version sounds better than the LP

However, he prepared the album for a CD release which fell through a couple of times.
Right now he's waiting for a record label to call him, we know what that means, don't we...old school
Starscapes was all done on a Minimoog and while minimalistic to today's tastes it's got some good moments:
http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=664130

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:01 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

He is a professional musician making a living from his work, at least to some extent. Selling a download here and there is nice but it wont fill up the fridge or pay for gas, water, and electricity.

My guess only.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Feb Birthed

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:55 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
He is a professional musician making a living from his work, at least to some extent. Selling a download here and there is nice but it wont fill up the fridge or pay for gas, water, and electricity.

My guess only.

Stephen

If that's the case then he better think it over. It's a re-release of an old album that had a limited New Age Em base to begin with.
These days a musician needs to be more "hands on" with their music or they will be left in the dust.

Feb Birthed

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:59 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« phaedra2008 » wrote:
Maybe he's just old school expecting a release the way it used to be...

Not long ago I asked Geoffrey Chandler if his Starscapes album is likely to come out digitally,
He admitted the LP pressing was very poor/noisy and regretted agreeing with the record label for the cheaper pressing plant at the time...in fact the cassette version sounds better than the LP

However, he prepared the album for a CD release which fell through a couple of times.
Right now he's waiting for a record label to call him, we know what that means, don't we...old school
Starscapes was all done on a Minimoog and while minimalistic to today's tastes it's got some good moments:
http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=664130

Waiting for a label to call him? Odd since not many people have even heard of him. It would be nice to see older releases like his Starscapes to be re-released in some form. As newer New Age EM artists release half-assed weak releases some older "gems" still don't get attention.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de