EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Waldorf PPG 3.V new VSTi

phaedra2008
One of the Coolest Member

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:05 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I like gearlists in the notes to a CD

Me too, it's nice to read that after a few listens then try to relate to how it was done.
Remember Eno only revealed his tape manipulation process years after those ambient albums were released.

The Vangelis equipment lists are nice references and actually easy to categorize by studios as that's when he was making major changes.
Those "spotted instruments" lists come from video clips, pictures, interviews with him or his associates and usually created years after the music was released.
He did not seem to think it important listing instruments in album notes.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Artemi

russia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:35 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« phaedra2008 » wrote:
Quote:
I like gearlists in the notes to a CD

Me too, it's nice to read that after a few listens then try to relate to how it was done.
Remember Eno only revealed his tape manipulation process years after those ambient albums were released.

The Vangelis equipment lists are nice references and actually easy to categorize by studios as that's when he was making major changes.
Those "spotted instruments" lists come from video clips, pictures, interviews with him or his associates and usually created years after the music was released.
He did not seem to think it important listing instruments in album notes.

I agree. Some people find it important or at least worthy of inclusion, others not.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Vietgrove
Very Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:04 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I kind of agree w/Steven in that I find the experience of using a vst synthesizer very unsatisfactory compared with using a hardware one - even something like the vst wavestation, for all it sounds great and does not have the polyphony limitation of the "real thing", when I made the switch to the vst version i found I didn't use wavestation sounds so much in my music. For all there are a few bst instruments I like (Kontakt being the biggie) I find hardware much more satisfactory and enjoyable to play with. A hardware version of this PPG VST would be fun, and TBH if you could get a hardware sampler like Kontakt, I'd want to own one of those very much.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address    
phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:40 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
A hardware version of this PPG VST would be fun,

The only way that will ever happen is to go buy one for $5-10K, even the closest hope, the Stromberg has no release date anymore.

A hardware version of Kontakt would be ironic because so far software tries to emulate hardware and that is no good...now a software based sampler would be better if it became hardware.
Perhaps the closest thing would be to get a Receptor and load Kontakt on it.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de