EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

midi footswitch controller?

M@kz Delissen
Obscurist

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:26 pm    midi footswitch controller? Reply with quoteBack to top

For quite some time now I have been looking for a piece of hardware that I would describe as a midi-footswitch.

What I mean is this: it has to look something like a floorboard with large foot-switches on it. What it has to do is switch between sound-settings like a midi-sequence program like Cubase does every time you load a new song. For example: when I kick the footsitch corresponding with song A, my synths and FX should switch to all settings that belong to song A. When I kick the footswitch for song B, the settings should change accordingly.

Of course it has to be reasonably easy to program, and very cheap as well Wink ...

I have seen a keyboardist using one quite a long time ago, but I forgot what brand it was, and what type. Could anybody tell me if a thing like this still exists, and what it would cost.

PS: an Atari 1040 running a medieval version of cubase will not do. Too much fuss and too fragile for live-usage.

PPS: would a Roland MC50 work as well?

UPDATE: I have been searching (Googling) the www just now, and a few options emerged: Roland FC-200, Behringer FCB 1010, and Yamaha MFC-10. Does anybody here have experience with any of these floorboards in respect to my wishes?

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:33 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

You may have reached a decision with something already (can't tell when your "update" edit was posted). I have an MFC-10 that I've used strictly with a WX-5 for patch changing. Not sure if the Function Memory settings will accomplish what you're looking for, but if you're still (re)searching I'd be happy to spill some of the owner's manual guts for you.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
M@kz Delissen
Obscurist

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:25 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« sleepwalker » wrote:
...if you're still (re)searching I'd be happy to spill some of the owner's manual guts for you.

Thanks Sleepwalker, but I'm afraid that my need for a midi foot controller has expired since my last update. I think I must have placed that update not long after I added the original post.

Back in those days (man, it seems like ages...), I wanted one for live gigs with my band, but I called it quits almost 2,5 years ago, and the rest of the band followed soon thereafter...

My musical life has shifted dramatically from active to passive since I left the band, and that will do just fine. I have my own business now, and there is hardly any spare time to make music. I still listen a lot though (fortunately, music is a significant part of my job).

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de