EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Your production techniques and tips

René

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:29 pm    Your production techniques and tips Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell us and share.
Didymos
Cool Member

finland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:49 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps this trick is well known for most of you, but anyway, I'm sharing it.

A simple way to create a nice sounding chorus is to assign square wave about 5...10Hz to LFO. Then, using the same waveforms for OSC1 and OSC2, slightly modulate OSC1 frequency by LFO and leave OSC2 without the modulation.

Any other simple tricks, anyone?

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
ambientlive
One of the Coolest Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:59 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

If you have just a simple sample, you can make a full-on ambient drone by
loading it into Acid as a loop, then duplicating it twice. Drag the two new tracks
so that one is 1/3 later and the other is 2/3 later. Finally pan them +/- about
25% leaving the original at centre, which gives instant drifting dronery.
Works best with bass stuff of course.

Last edited by ambientlive on Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
René

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:53 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

If you work with Apple's Logic, take the stereo delay, set right to 100% and left to 0 %. Then experiment with 1/8 and 1/16 time notes, then put the Phaser behind it and you'll the Oxygene effect.
qwave
Waldorfian

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:39 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

When doing sounddesign on synths I never use two oscillators at the same level. So there will be no zero canceling during the "beating" of the detune.

"Das Plagiat ist vielleicht die aufrichtigste Form der Verehrung." Alfred Polgar (†1955)

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice Topic !

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
pjtmusic

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:06 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Lots of reverb and echo and a stereo enhancer for strings and guitar sounds.
For lead lines play/program/record or whatever, with for example, a Minimoog VST sound and then copy and paste the notes into a different synth piano roll, move it up or down an octave or whatever you think sounds best, use a stringy sound with the second synth and pan slightly left and right with a stereo enhancer for a mega lead line.

You can hear this sort of thing in action at my myspace site at http://www.myspace.com/pjtmusic with the track Zeon

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Syn303

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:10 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Everyone uses effects to add a little sparkle to their music, I use my delays/echo units to create rhythms.

Effects were meant to be used as instruments...

Seren

wales.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:08 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« ambientlive » wrote:
If you have just a simple sample, you can make a full-on ambient drone by
loading it into Acid as a loop, then duplicating it twice. Drag the two new tracks
so that one is 1/3 later and the other is 2/3 later. Finally pan them +/- about
25% leaving the original at centre, which gives instant drifting dronery.
Works best with bass stuff of course.

I do the same thing on my Korg D16 and play the tracks onto DAW as a stereo mix. sometimes I add to that by copying the tracks to another stereo set and slipping it back a few seconds - adjusting EQ so one set has bass focus and other more on the higher frequencies, also panning them slightly. amount of time slip that sounds best varies according to the sound and can need adjustment to get best mix...

slow panning a synth sound with two different effects on each channel can be recorded onto one channel to create a track that shifts from one sound to the other.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
phochos
Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:00 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I record both on my Tascam DP01FX/CD and the computer (Magix 2007XXL) and use hardware en software synths, sequencers and drumcomputers. The mix I produce with the Magix 2007XXL software.

Phochos

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de