EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Digital Mellotron

phaedra2008
One of the Coolest Member

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:22 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got an email from Charles on other matters, I'll ask him.

The rack option is a logical outcome, the keyboard ads a lot to the cost.
The virtual options are not bad, M-Tron Pro is great was is the more modest Sampletron.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Qrazy Synth Man
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Last month Markus told me the first shipments were made and the next shipments will take place this month. He named a few of the first customers but as I tried to recall who they were I could not remember.

The rack version was scheduled to appear at the Musik Messe.

The Mellotron website hasn't changed since the initial announcement. Some comments from buyers would be nice to read.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:35 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Just found this interesting Memotron test by Klaus-Hoffmann Hook on YouTube.

From last year, perhaps You all know it anyway. I didn't see that link here, though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzZ0UW2Qtdc&feature=youtu.be

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:53 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

really nice instrument. On the wishlist.

Qrazy Synth Man
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:53 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

That video was an older one still at OS 1.1 but what puzzles me as an owner is at one point in the video (about 14 minutes) the display showed two disks, Vintage & Berlin School loaded. Not able to speak or understand German I always thought that when a new disk is loaded, the files of the old disk are replaced but I did see both sound sets listed in the display.

Then I thought, maybe you can load as many as you can and have access as long as the power stays on. Otherwise, when you power up the next time, only the files of the disk inside the Memotron will be usable.

Till? Mario? Any else who owns a Memotron?

ruckzuck
Cool Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:24 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Qrazy Synth Man » wrote:
Last month Markus told me the first shipments were made and the next shipments will take place this month. He named a few of the first customers but as I tried to recall who they were I could not remember.

The rack version was scheduled to appear at the Musik Messe.

The Mellotron website hasn't changed since the initial announcement. Some comments from buyers would be nice to read.

I got the Mellotron M4000D for one year now. It's absolut fantastic. I bought it for 1800 Euros at Music Store Cologne.
It has over 100 sounds (no need to buy any expensive Discs with additional sounds, they are all in there).
It has wooden keys, you can open the top, everything like the original Mellotron.
The feel while playing is absolute authentic, because the parts used are the same they use for the analog models.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Qrazy Synth Man
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:59 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I cannot believe that the last post was more than two years ago!

Update:

The M4000D Rack never made it to production.

The M4000D and the Memotron cost the same or close to the same amount.

Mellotron released a M4000D Mini Keyboard with the same functions as the M4000D except the keys are plastic instead of wood.

The M4000D Mini cost $1999 compared to $2799 for the M4000D.

Both come with 100 sounds that load instantly.

As my name indicates I am a crazy musician so it shouldn't surprise you that I own both the Memotron Keyboard and Memotron Rack with a 7 CD-ROM Library and the M4000D Mini with an additional 100 sounds for a total of 200 purchased on Compact Flash Card from Markus.

It's the sound that matters and they all sound like a Mellotron.

The M4000D master output is mono and the Memotron is stereo.

To give the M4000D an audio boost I run the mono output into a Waldorf 4-Pole filter mono audio input and the 4-Pole's stereo output into the mixer. One program in particular gives the M4000D stereo panning that makes the sounds more alive.

To give the Memotron and audio boost I run the stereo output into a rare Waldorf EQ-27 and then out to the mixer. The Memotron's tone control does not offer a wide range. The EQ-27 gives me full range of control and the sounds are more realistic. You can hear the strings being bowed and the vocals sounding like you are right there in the audience.

Very Happy

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:12 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Running it through an old Dynacord Echocord (not the gold cage version, the later ones) helps a good deal, too. The preamp distorts nicely and the tape saturation also works miracles.

Oh, and the Compact Phasing A, of course.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    Happy Birthday
Qrazy Synth Man
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:26 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I forgot to mention the entire M-Tron software library is compatible with the Memotron and that gives me almost 400 sounds. Most of those sounds fit well into my music and there many that don't but having such a large library of Mellotron sounds is priceless.

I use a Mode Machines KRP-1 Krautrock Phaser, Eventide Eclipse & Eventide Space with my Trons.

Qrazy Synth Man
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:48 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry Moog Slim Phatty and Nord Micro Modular.

Looking at the first picture I realized I forgot to include them and if you are wondering what keyboards are on the left, the answer is a Waldorf XTk-30, Nextel Blue Q16 and a rare Original Yellow Q16 with wooden ends.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de