EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

The German EM label: Syngate

René

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:09 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Phrozenlight » wrote:
[quote:8730d661fd="Ren
Mac of BIOnighT
Even more Cool Member

italy.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:34 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, I just noticed this thread, I just wanted to say that CDrs - the new ones - still have to prove how long they can last, but thanks to them great labels such as SynGate can bring honest music to the world, and great artists such as Syn, Ren
HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Artemi
One of the Coolest Member

russia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:10 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Mac of BIOnighT » wrote:
Sorry, I just noticed this thread, I just wanted to say that CDrs - the new ones - still have to prove how long they can last, but thanks to them great labels such as SynGate can bring honest music to the world, and great artists such as Syn, Ren

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
René

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:47 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Mac, it's funny to hear from you that your copy of "Waiting for Cousteau" crackles too. I wonder what was going on in the CD Factory those days.

If I may add: yes, I make music because I love to do it. Yes, I want to make some money on the music I sell although it's not my intention to make money on making music in general. I think this counts for most of us.

qwave
Waldorfian

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:23 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Ren

"Das Plagiat ist vielleicht die aufrichtigste Form der Verehrung." Alfred Polgar (†1955)

Mac of BIOnighT
Even more Cool Member

italy.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:13 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, Artemi Smile (and hello!)

Ren

Azra
Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:15 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

... the first copy fell on the floor and got scratched - mind, not a terrible scratch, I have plenty of albums that have the same damage and work perfectly. This cd, instead, wasn't playable anymore.
The second copy I bought got stuck in the player's tray - that happens a lot to me, nothing ever happened to the CDs. This CD got dmaged beyond believe, wasn't playable anymore. I bought the THIRD copy, and that's the one that now crackles and pops like hell Shocked Shocked
At this point I think I'll wait till a new edition comes out, as in all I've already paid 75 euros for this album!!!
Yes, there was something strange in the production of CDs at that time...

No way--did this really happen, Mac? That's a right bummer! Couldn't you return the defective CD?

Mac of BIOnighT
Even more Cool Member

italy.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:52 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Problem is, too long had passed between the purchase and the damage the first two times (and it would have been considered my fault anyway, even if I know it was due mainly to the poor quality of the plastic layer that is supposed to protect the disc), and the copy I have now I've had it for around five or six years and it only started crackling last year... Sad
Obviously all this happened because of low quality production - nothing like this ever happened to me with any other disc - but I have no way to prove it...

René

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:53 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

But it'd be so nice to be able to pay a couple of bills with our music, to pay for a small part of our survival with what we really are - musicians...
Oh, well...

Indeed that's what I think of it too, but for some it's like "banging on doors" when you say that as a musician.

Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:49 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

As a retailer that also sells CD-r I must admit that the faulty rate on them is 10 times as high as regular CDS. We as Groove normally only release regular ones. And even my own old Dreamscape and Offshore cds are still playing beautifully after 18 Years. You have to take more care with CD-rs.
Just put them upside down in the sun for a hour and you can throw it in the dust bin. That is why we clearly show on our catalog website what is a CD and what is not!!

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
René

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you already tried your laptop for direct sunlight?
Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:01 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote:79901c4b22="Ren
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
higgins

spain.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:38 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate CDR's! I think it is NOT a "serious" and professional format.

I will never buy a CDR. I'm sorry.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
redphil

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Then you will miss out on a lot of great music. It is not financially practical for a lot of artists (and indeed labels) to have 'professional' CDs made.

Craig Shipley

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:03 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Download, download, download!!!

In general, I don't care if the is on a CD or a CD-R (as long as I know when I buy it) since I rip it to my computer for listening purposes and store the original away; less chance of damage that way. But personally, I'd rather have a reasonably-priced FLAC download that I can manipulate how I want it (burn a CD for the car or mp3s at my settings of choice) that I can then archive away on backup media; one hard drive takes up a whole lot less shelf space than a bunch of CDs (I'm getting to the stage in my life where having the physical "thing" is just not that important anymore. Plus I already have too many "things" of one sort or another.)

I think I have had more problems with pressed CDs that CR-Rs. Remember the TD release of FLASHPOINT that rotted in about two years due to corrosive ink? And my Relativity copy of LIVE MILES now sounds like a handful of gravel in a clothes dryer (should never gotten rid of the original CD release Crying or Very sad )

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de