EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

software editor for Korg MS-2000

M@kz Delissen
Obscurist

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:46 pm    software editor for Korg MS-2000 Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm considering to buy a used MS-2000.

Does anybody know if there's a software editor available for this synth? I tried the www, but no luck Rolling Eyes .

Especially since the MS-2000 has no specific extra RAM to store your own sounds, it might be handy to have an editor to manage sounds.

I'm not too fond of midi (bulk) dumps using a sequencer like CuBase... Replacing a single patch at a time kan be a real pain when you have to do it like that Shocked .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:04 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

http://daz.korgforums.com/
M@kz Delissen
Obscurist

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:37 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Great! Thanks Ep...

nu de poen nog... Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:13 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

the ms2000 is a good synth, you can do more with it then the presets show you.
however it needs REVERB!!!!!!!!

Gert Emmens
Very Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:34 am    Re: software editor for Korg MS-2000 Reply with quoteBack to top

« M@kz Delissen » wrote:
I'm considering to buy a used MS-2000.

Does anybody know if there's a software editor available for this synth? I tried the www, but no luck Rolling Eyes .

Especially since the MS-2000 has no specific extra RAM to store your own sounds, it might be handy to have an editor to manage sounds.

I'm not too fond of midi (bulk) dumps using a sequencer like CuBase... Replacing a single patch at a time kan be a real pain when you have to do it like that Shocked .

Hi Max,

with all those knobs on the MS-2000, why would you need a software editor? Wink
For storing sounds there is a small but descent patchlibrarian available. http://daz.korgforums.com/

good luck

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger    
Gert Emmens
Very Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:36 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

O, sorry, Ep mentioned that allready Embarassed
It works with both types MS-2000(B)

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger    
M@kz Delissen
Obscurist

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:30 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Gert!

You are right, with all those knobs, who needs an editor. Fact is, that there are still some sub-menu's in the MS-2000 that you may have to use during programming. A good editor should lay out all functions in an easy-to-overview layout. Much like the rather good AN1x editor (you should know that one Wink )

On the other hand, most of my twiddling takes place during gigs and rehearsals, so I should try to get to know the machine like the back of my hand anyway...

Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:03 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

M@kz,
Here is a link to what is likely the most powerful editor/librarian you've ever seen...

http://www.squest.com/Windows/MidiQuestXL/MidiQuest-About.html

Hope that helps.

hhh

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de