EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RIP John Kerr

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:53 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

In the mid-1990s - I think it was 1994/95 - the horror news that John had suffered a serious heart attack went around. Among the many wishes for recovery, there were mine, and eventually, we happened to meet for a chat. There, John told me something very wise: At some point in your life, you will have your car, your sofa, your home stereo, and whatever you might wish for, but you should always ask yourself whether it is worth the price you have to pay for it in terms of workload and lifetime. The price had been too high for him, he quit working as a freelance graphic designer and, from then on, focussed exclusively on making music. Fortunately, his friend and long-time partner Rob was earning enough money to make this step a manageable risk. The success he had in his second life proved him right.

John will not just stay with me as a guilty pleasure - Reflections and Citadel in the CD player alongside all sorts of weird off-the-wall stuff? - but as someone who moved me a lot on a subtle level, not just musically. And I've never felt guilty when I am to listen to good, solid, sincere musicianship at work.

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de