EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

R I P ?

Qrazy Synth Man
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:38 pm    R I P ? Reply with quoteBack to top

Today was a sad day because my Waldorf Q-16 (Nextel Blue) display began to blink on and off in a rapid almost Morse Code manor. The power button has no control so I had to unplug it manually. There was no power surge. I just heard a click click click from the speakers and then I saw the blinking display.

This seems like an internal power supply problem.

I have another Q-16 (original yellow w/wooden ends) so I am somewhat lucky it isn't a total tragedy.

Right now it is leaning against the wall in Room 2 at my studio.

I've decided to let someone else take the time to fix it and enjoy this beautiful (cosmetically: 9) synthesizer for many more years to play and record with.

Anyone interested I live in USA/NJ.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
Qrazy Synth Man
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:55 pm    R I P ? now IT'S ALIVE Reply with quoteBack to top

There were no replies so I thought I would update whats been going on here at my studio.

My Q did act strangely as I stated but the next day I plugged it back in and it played OK for awhile then it began to blink off an on again and then it stopped blinking and stayed on.

It hasn't happened since and it's back in the main studio.

Waldorf synths do act weird from time to time maybe due to neglect, not paying the attention it deserves and letting me know if I ignore the Q it could happen again!!!

Seren
One of the Coolest Member

wales.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:33 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

good to hear your synth settled down - nice picture - How do you link everything?

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:26 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Power supply issue? Voltage regulators? Do you have an external 220-110 converter that might be faulty?

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:47 pm    Re: R I P ? now IT'S ALIVE Reply with quoteBack to top

« Qrazy Synth Man » wrote:
There were no replies so I thought I would update whats been going on here at my studio.

so do you just collect all this stuff or do you actually do anything useful with it!

just curious ?

Qrazy Synth Man
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:41 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I turn 63 next month and I still play and record music with my "collection" now as a solo act.

Over the past 20 years through various projects I've recorded 1000s of hours of music but I never made it my career and I was more than happy just making a few bucks along the way.

I still continue to play but my recording days have dwindled considerably.

PS. All of music was recorded live in the studio with no tracking overdubs except for 2 albums with Blue Sky It that also featured Dave Lunt from the Nightcrawlers.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de