EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Sonolab 200 - Livestream / On Demand Stream

ChrisX
Very Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:24 pm    Sonolab 200 - Livestream / On Demand Stream Reply with quoteBack to top

About 4 years ago a one hour slot opened up right before the weekly, 2 hour progressive rock show Xymphonia I co-produce, so I mailed a proposal and an edition 0 of Sonolab to the staff of the radiostation. Within a few days I already got the go-ahead and Sonolab was born. And now I have reached edition nr. 200 !!! Shocked

Thinking about it actually made me aware of the fact that time goes by so quickly and this led me to focus on music that somehow manages to make time stand still for me. Hence the following playlist:

* Popol Vuh - Aguirre I
from the album Aguirre (label: SPV)

* Jacob Kirkegaard - Auditorium (Part 1)
from the album 4 Rooms (label: Touch)
For some more background information on this music go here:
http://touchshop.org/product_info.php?products_id=133

* Arvo Pärt - Tabula Rasa : II. Silentium
from the album Tabula Rasa (label: ECM New Series)
performed by Gidon Kremer, Tatjana Grindenko, Alfred Schnittke and the Lithuanian Chamber Orchestra conducted by Saulius Sondeckis

* Jacob Kirkegaard - Auditorium (Part 2)
from the album 4 Rooms (label: Touch)

* Steve Roach - A Few More Moments
from the album Quiet Music [Complete Edition] (label: Fortuna Records)

* Popol Vuh - On The Way
from the album Nosferatu OST (label: SPV)

How can I listen to the show? Go here

http://gemist.omroepalmelo.nl

If you want to listen live then check in around 19:00 (Central European Time) and click on "Live Stream" which you can find in the left column of the screen. However, the whole show is also available within minutes after 20:00 as an On Demand Screen. For that click on Sonolab in the list of programs in the middle of the screen. A second window will open up (might be that you have to accept that through your pop-up killer) and the show starts (with a bit of that evenings 19:00 hours news first).

Check in if you have the time and let me know what you think of the how.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:24 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

First of all congratulations on the 200th Sonolab.

A memorable one where you managed to expose the contrast in music and shifting my musical interest. The magical moments created by Arvo Part and Steve Roach beautifully embedded by the icy pieces of Jacob Kirkegaard while  Popol Vuh had the honour to open and end this show: timeless music or should we mark tonight's milestone a "New Age of Earth"  Wink

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de