EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Sonolab 194 - Livestream / On Demand Stream

ChrisX
Very Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:15 pm    Sonolab 194 - Livestream / On Demand Stream Reply with quoteBack to top

No, I haven't made a mistake and skipped a number. Last week there was indeed a Sonolab (nr. 193) but a) it was a pre-produced episode because and b) I forgot to post a message about it prior to the weekend. Sonolab 193 was almost entirely taken up by Manuel Gottsching's E2/E4 album ... I thought it was time to shake our booty a bit....

Which was something I was doing a bit as well but not in the studio but in a concert tent on the other side of the Netherlands where I was for the Marillion Weekend 2011. It was both a blast and a very relaxing weekend filled with friends and good music.

So, this week's Sonolab episode will be a bit Marillion themed because I will feature Michael Hunter's excellent River album. River is an ambient / electronic piece of music recorded live in the studio and partially based on samples from Marillion's music. River was used as the long intro for the complete performance by Marillion of their at that time current Brave album. River was supposed to set up a nice ambience in the room prior to the start of the concert (and the performance of that seminal album). Due to public demand it was eventually released by the band on cd in 1994 on their own Racket Records label and as far as I know is out-of-print.

So this the music of tonight's episode of Sonolab:

* Hemisphere - Liquid Mirror Part III
from the album Liquid Mirror (label: Groove Unlimited)

* Michael Hunter - River
from the album River (label: Racket Records)

* Thom Brennan - Incense And Rain
from the album Mountains (label: Rubicon)

Click on "Live stream" in the left column or for a week after broadcast the whole show is available as an On Demand Stream from the website of our radiostation. Where can you find all that? Well, here of course:

http://www.omroepalmelo.nl/sonolab/

and then click "Luister naar uitzending gemist" in the middle of the screen. A second window will open up (might be that you have to accept that through your pop-up killer) and the show starts (with a bit of that evenings 19:00 hours news first).

Check in if you have the time and let me know what you think of the show.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de