EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

GForce Virtual String Synth-samples?

Charles Thaxton

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:31 pm    GForce Virtual String Synth-samples? Reply with quoteBack to top

anyone here know if GForce's Virtual String Machine or Mtron samples can be coverted for use by an Emu E4K (Emu or Akai format)? The String Machine plug in has lots of attractive sounds but I don't use a computer for plug ins.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Vietgrove
Very Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know about the string synth - the Mtron samples are in a proprietary format and cannot be extracted as .wavs or whatever, though. I got some samples out of mine by making a midi file in cubase that was just all the notes played up the keyboard, then I saved the song as a .wav, then split and trimmed the samples in a sample editor. The E-mu sampler can import .wav files via the floppy disc drive.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address    
stevepalmer
One of the Coolest Member

wales.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:30 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been very tempted by this VST, the sounds are fantastic...

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Bruce
Cool Member

canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:36 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the sounds are in a regular format (unlike M-Tron)... I'll check when I get home. However, it's not really worth it if you're going to go through all the trouble of mapping and looping them in a hardware sampler. A big plus about the VST is the layering, filtering, and built-in effects. The raw samples are all unprocessed.
stevepalmer
One of the Coolest Member

wales.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:20 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Just purchased this!

It is amazing...

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de