EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Eddie Jobson

Getwired

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:26 pm    Eddie Jobson Reply with quoteBack to top

Eddie Jobson, the genius credited with a 1985 album I can't believe I haven't added to my top 10 "golden age" list yet, 'Theme of Secrets'. Lush, warm Synclavier heaven! Easily one of the best EM releases I ever listened to as a teenager.

Eddie was a member of Roxy music (w/ Brian Eno), and played violin and keys. Also, some of the best synth-prog I've ever heard is Eddie's 'The Green Album', which is also a disc I still listen to from time to time. Like Patrick O'Hearn (Private Music labelmate), he played with Frank Zappa for a time.

Any other fans of his work here? Just check out his site: http://www.eddiejobson.com/ What an amazing studio!

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
René

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:26 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Eddie Jobson was a member of the prog-band "UK" where he played the CS80.
Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:00 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I only have a couple of tracks from his Theme Of Secrets album, taken from those The World Of Private Music compilations from the 80s.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
Azra
Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:48 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I always thought of his Theme of Secrets as epitomizing the ideal Private Music... Smile An excellent concept album.

...However, I'm not familiar with his other works.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Eric G
Even more Cool Member

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:18 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Also with Jethro Tull on the album "A". Try it!

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Didymos
Cool Member

finland.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:03 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Some Jobson videos can be found in YouTube. Not that many artists who play stransparent electric violins.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:17 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Didymos » wrote:
Not that many artists who play stransparent electric violins.

Didn't Bernard Beibl on the Tangerine Dream "Tempodrom" DVD?

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
tangram80

hong_kong.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:29 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I suppose many fans should find his solo album "Zinc" interesting.
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
etherworld
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:13 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Eddie Jobson is and well always be in my book a brilliant composer, he did of course the theme music for "Nash Bridges" but his work with UK, Curved Air, Roxy, and others is always a treat.......

He was going to start a new project called "UKZ" but it appears this is not going to happen.......bummer

I wish I had "Theme of Secrets".......synclavier baby!!

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:07 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« etherworld » wrote:
He was going to start a new project called "UKZ" but it appears this is not going to happen.......bummer

It finally did happen and how .......

By John Kelman

After a 27-year hiatus from band touring and recording, Frank Zappa and Roxy Music alum/UK co-founder Eddie Jobson returns with UKZ and Radiation, a CD-EP to coincide with the group's January 24, 2009 "One City World Tour" New York show. A logical extension/evolution of UK's progressive rock leanings, the highly anticipated UKZ is an all-new line-up of artists known and unknown that demonstrates remarkable chemistry for a group still in its early days. Radiation is a powerful first salvo

https://twitter.com/emportal

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2021 CBACK.de