EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Can't get out of my head "Dancing on a white moon"

arronizlive
One of the Coolest Member

mexico.gif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:49 am    Can't get out of my head "Dancing on a white moon" Reply with quoteBack to top

When Tangerine dream started to do Soundtracks, it was another direction, and this is one of the few songs from T.D. and I love it, and to this day one of the few songs that come to me OFTEN, is this one from "Shy People" ... in the movie is irrelevant, (it's the music that Grace is listening on the radio), but in the CD, it's great!!!

What do you think about "Dancing on a white moon"?

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:12 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I listen to the song from time to time, but it's not really a favorite. The vocalist is pretty lame. The melody is nice but has a very simple production.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
sparrow

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I quite like it as I also like the whole soundtrack.
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
qwave
Waldorfian

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:17 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the copy of the "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" intro in the beginning of the CD. I wonder if Pink Floyd sued TD for this copy. There is no mention of he real authors on the CD.

And "Dancing on the White Moon" is indeed an "ear-worm" as we say here ("Ohrwurm").

"Das Plagiat ist vielleicht die aufrichtigste Form der Verehrung." Alfred Polgar (†1955)

arronizlive

mexico.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:40 pm    Simplicity Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe it's simplicity is what makes it Great!, And as I said, I can't get it out of my head and I heard it first time 15 years ago when I bought the CD... Mr. Green
Craig Shipley

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:07 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember being horribly disappointed with this soundtrack when it came out (true of a lot of TD's soundtrack work during that era), but since several of you think that it hot stuff, perhaps it is time for another spin with different ears listening.

(Checking out Amazon, it appears that I have the "rare" Varese Sarabande version. This OOP title is selling for almost US$70! Holy cow! I'm gonna be nicer to this CD from now on... Very Happy)

arronizlive

mexico.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:51 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Craig Shipley » wrote:
I remember being horribly disappointed with this soundtrack when it came out (true of a lot of TD's soundtrack work during that era),

To this I have a theory...

Sometimes your actual "State" is different from your "Need" to buy a CD, so...
One can be very happy with buying something, but NOT in-tune with the content. Mad

It is a mix between Expectance and the music offered.

As this changes everyday, if you listen to the same CD any other day,
it will be a completely different piece... Shocked
BECAUSE now you don

Craig Shipley

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:10 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
To this I have a theory...

Sometimes your actual "State" is different from your "Need" to buy a CD, so...
One can be very happy with buying something, but NOT in-tune with the content.

Agreed. At the time I just HAD to purchase everything that TD released, good bad or otherwise, which led to some great disappointments. I am long since past that bit of silliness and haven't bought a TD release in a long while. There are better musicians/bands out there (many of them right here on this site) that I'd rather spend my coin on.

But sometimes a CD just needs to sit on a shelf for a while and "age" properly. I listened to SHY PEOPLE today for the first time in probably 15 years and it is nowhere near the disaster that I remembered it to be (I still don't like the vocals, but then I have never cared for TD with vocals except for CYCLONE; yes, someone that actually likes that one!). I have had to do that with several CDs, let 'em sit a while so that the music gets better Wink or my ears tune themselves up Very Happy.

Sometimes it just doesn't help though and then it is time to hit the swap shop or just donate them, but even then, I do that very reluctantly as I never know when my ears may reconfigure themselves again.

Last edited by Craig Shipley on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total

arronizlive

mexico.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:16 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I like your last line...

...life changes by the minute... indeed...

Cheers!!!

Tropylium
Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:05 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I think some of the swamp-ambience pieces are kinda nice

Last edited by Tropylium on Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total

arronizlive

mexico.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:57 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Tropylium » wrote:
it's The Harbor and Civilized Illusions that struck me as being the best in that respect.

OH, yep!
In all this, the rest of the soundtrack...

The times I've hear it, I do not remember skipping tracks while listening...
Wink

Pertou

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:47 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the song. I detest the singing style. A Tina Turner wannabe, in my opinion.
HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
24db

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:58 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

dreadful soundtrack...I'm glad Franke left

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Pertou

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:02 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I agree about Franke. Otherwise TD wouldn't be the band they are today. Wink
I just wish that EF and CF will bury their hatchett.

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
24db

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:39 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Chris did...right in the back of Edgar's head Wink

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2014 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2014 CBACK.de