EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Node News Network

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:39 pm    Node News Network Reply with quoteBack to top

Node News Network reports …

As from today on Node will report here on a regular basis and provide us with updates from in- and outside their studio. Feel free to follow the news and post your reactions

Further information via their website www.nodesynth.com and via Facebook

www.myspace.com/emportalinfo

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:47 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Update nr. 1:

February 14th, 2012

Analogue Synth masters Node are set to return in 2012 after a 15 year break with brand new material. The group are made up of world famous producers Flood and Ed Buller, who between them have worked with the likes of Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode, Pulp, U2 and Suede. Alongside them is acclaimed musician, composer and professor of music Dave Bessell and film score extraordinaire Mel Wesson.

The group will release their first album in over 15 years, following up from their self titled debut album in 1996. Alongside this they will run a Pledge Music campaign where fans will be given the unique opportunity to be part of the creative process as well as having the chance to purchase exclusive merchandise and content and receive the album before anyone else.

for further links check here and here

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:24 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a classic example of what I would call "viral marketing"... when I was still working in advertising, we were calling this "vapour ware".

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
phaedra2008
One of the Coolest Member

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:32 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Vapour ware is all around us, the internet is full of it and then there is global warming... Very Happy
I never participated in a "Pledge Music" exercise bfore and not quite sure what it may be about.

I am curious though, but if our scene supports a 200-500CD's sales over 2-3 years and a 500 batch costs around $1000 to actually make, would this pledge be to cover that amount, basically the listeners to pay for the release.

I'd would prefer to just get the album without hearing a thing a note than a couple of years of teasers, hints and reminders.
Interesting to see how this works out, it may well change the current state of releasing and distributing real CD's.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
ambientlive

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:33 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Hype

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
softroom
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I bought the last Younger Brother album via pledge, seems a viable thing if you have enough followers.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:09 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Some nodeable development, I guess...

Wink

Bert

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:42 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not comfortable about this Pledge-construction either... just simply release this music as a factory-pressed cd, as I'm sure it's financially worth doing so...

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:04 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I might have been interested in the pledge thingy, if it wasn't for the quite unreliable history the Node guys have with releasing music. I mean, we've heard the rumours about a new release for how many years now? Who's telling me they will really release something this time?
ambientlive

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:33 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

If anybody doesn't need to do the pledge thing, it's Node

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:11 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« ambientlive » wrote:
If anybody doesn't need to do the pledge thing, it's Node

Absolutely. One simple CD release would be, erm, less than one of those COTK or MoonModular modules. Nearly hassle-free to do if you hand distribution over to somebody else.

"Hyper! Hyper!" (Scooter)

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
oddentity
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:48 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

If and when it ever does come out, can't see it living up to its seventeen year old predecessor. Music that polarised opinions at the time, especailly emma 2 , but still remains better than anything releases since of its kind.
ed buller

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:29 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« oddentity » wrote:
If and when it ever does come out, can't see it living up to its seventeen year old predecessor. Music that polarised opinions at the time, especailly emma 2 , but still remains better than anything releases since of its kind.

ahh good old british encouragement.............................

softroom
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:40 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« ed buller » wrote:
« oddentity » wrote:

ahh good old british encouragement.............................

Aye, much as we love folks to be on the up, it gives us far less to yak about compared to that magical time when they're judged to be on the slide...

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:40 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2014 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2014 CBACK.de