EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Schallwelle Award Voting has started

erbemusic
Very Cool Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:26 pm    Schallwelle Award Voting has started Reply with quoteBack to top

Schallwelle Voting has started and all Fans and Supportes can vote for

Best Act National (german)
Best Act International

Best Album National (german)
Best Album International

You find all Details and Rules here

http://www.schallwelle-preis.de/infos-engl

Special and Newcomer-Award will only be voted by the jury.

Concert-Acts:

Erik Wollo, Frank van Bogaert & Neuronium (Michel Huygen)

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
BruecknerAmbient
One of the Coolest Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:29 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

"Don't vote for meeeeee, Argentinia..."

Wink

erbemusic
Very Cool Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:32 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

at this time we received in the first week over 470 emails with nearly 1100 Votings.

it looks like a new overall voting record!

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:48 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Whew, that´s quite a lot!

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:24 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
Whew, that´s quite a lot!

Not just that. It's almost impossible to believe too. I mean, all the festivals have a hard time to attract more than 300 people. An EM best-seller sells, how much?, max 500, and that's over a long period of time. EMPortal has not even 850 members after several years (and they're not all active members).

It's amazing, Mike. Smile Congratulations with this fabulous result. 2012 is gonna be a fantastic year for Electronic Music.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
treibklang

germany.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:53 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Who is Mike?
Well, seems votings attract many more people than those being EM fans. Impossible to check, and there are all those who only visit Jarre, Schulze or TD concerts. And those are packed with people. Not necessarily to do with the "minor" EM scene.

REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:40 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Advocate of the Devil: Everybody can vote, even when you never heard of the artist. What I mean is that an artist can ask his relatives and friends to vote on his album. And if you want to play really wrong then you can vote with several email adresses from one computer after deleting the cookies or several computers.

Some numbers:

On Facebook: the Schallwelle Award has 119 likes, EC has around 640 likes, EMbook about 140 likes and most artists of the amateur scene have between 300 and 800 likes.

Just like VCO said the numbers of attendence of concerts and festivals don't come near this amount. And the worst case is that I can already predict who is going to win and who is in the top 3. At the other hand it is good that people join and come together and share their opinions and beliefs. Maybe the TD and JMJ fanclubs have given their votes?? At least I did for those artists.

So may the best man of lobby wins the contest. I personally think that all the muso's with CDR's and downloads only won't come far. Offcourse I hope they will, but...???

Personally I am on that list with 3 albums but I am not interested in these kind awards. I never told anyone in my circle about it this year. I won't bother. People must decide theirselves. Like last year and the year before I do like the party itself, the food and the performing artists. Also this year has a great line-up and I regret it that my agenda won't let me be there on that day.

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:16 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« treibklang » wrote:
Who is Mike?

erbemusic
Very Cool Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:20 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

so this is also the reason why we need both votings. The Jury Voting and the Internet Voting. Both results will be count together. So the result is quite a represantive thing.

You can believe me, that we delete many additional Emails (which will generated from the voting page), where people click twice or more.
Extended to this, anyone who don´t offer a regular Name and a Emailadress, will be deleted also. Third we have a IP Control and an overall view of all votings. Surely if somebody is shouting for vote for him, that is ok. But he can´t win if the Jury (they didn´t know any results of the other jury Members or about the internet Voting) will also vote for him with a remarkable amount.

Don´t forget that Facebook is sharing this Voting a lot. You can´t see the way it goes.

So last Year we had more than 1200 Emails with 4500 Votings inside.
Be sure, it will be a fair and representive Voting for all Categories.

Stefan

Last edited by erbemusic on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:25 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

ok clear.

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:48 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« REWO Records » wrote:
Advocate of the Devil: Everybody can vote, even when you never heard of the artist. What I mean is that an artist can ask his relatives and friends to vote on his album. And if you want to play really wrong then you can vote with several email adresses from one computer after deleting the cookies or several computers.

Fascinating idea...thank You for the inspiration! Makes me think of the sad fact that I didn't call many of my old friends and relatives for a long time...hm...where are those telephone numbers...

Twisted Evil

« REWO Records » wrote:
I personally think that all the muso's with CDR's and downloads only won't come far.

REALLY...?! Oh, no...

Sad

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:23 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« REWO Records » wrote:

This reminds me of the good old Schwingungenwahlen days... what a waste of postage.

« REWO Records » wrote:
I personally think that all the muso's with CDR's and downloads only won't come far.

That´s too bad...

I for one am looking forward to the results.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:32 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope that my dark insights and feelings will not lead to this possible outcome, but if I do a clear analysis on the history of EM voting polls. However I am very curious how it will end up after all.

modulator_esp

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:19 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I really can't see the point in including the likes of TD and KS in these polls as they don't really need the exposure, but, hey, whatever floats your boat Wink

treibklang

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:57 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« modulator_esp » wrote:
I really can't see the point in including the likes of TD and KS in these polls as they don't really need the exposure, but, hey, whatever floats your boat Wink

What would be your (objective) reason then to exclude those gents from a ballot on EM?

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2014 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2014 CBACK.de