EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Vangelis - La Fête Sauvage Japanese LP

phaedra2008
One of the Coolest Member

australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:08 pm    Vangelis - La Fête Sauvage Japanese LP Reply with quoteBack to top

I posted this before grouped with other releases as a smaller image, I just entered my copies into the discogs data base and thought it deserves a better size here.
In 1979 King Records manufactured and distributed the LP in Japan for the Egg label, they went for an exclusive cover designed by Masanori Date, Google does not know him...
There are 2 versions, a white label promo and the black/Egg label commercial release, otherwise all identical, great OBI strip, insert, classic Japanese quality.

Last edited by phaedra2008 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Bert

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:16 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

great cover-art!
thx for posting Dan, as I didn't know it...

electrobs
Even more Cool Member

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:39 pm    Re: Vangelis - La Fête Sauvage Japanese LP Reply with quoteBack to top

« phaedra2008 » wrote:
I posted this before grouped with other releases as a smaller image, I just entered my copies into the discogs data base and thought it deserves a better size here.
In 10979 King Records manufactured and distributed the LP in Japan for the Egg label, they went for an exclusive cover designed by Masanori Date, Google does not know him...
There are 2 versions, a white label promo and the black/Egg label commercial release, otherwise all identical, great OBI strip, insert, classic Japanese quality.

Excellent cover - almost the same as Tomita´s Ravel Album (1979) cover

phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:37 am    Re: Vangelis - La Fête Sauvage Japanese LP Reply with quoteBack to top

« electrobs » wrote:

Yes, strikingly similar both released the same year, the Daphnies et Chloé/Ravel artwork was done by Hiroo Isono a more prolific artist, check out more of his work here:
http://www.art-licensing.com/artists/Hiroo-Isono-Forests-and-Landscapes/biography.html
http://www9.ocn.ne.jp/~hiroo/
His great detailed works were ideal for challenging jigsaw puzzles.

electrobs
Even more Cool Member

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:50 am    Re: Vangelis - La Fête Sauvage Japanese LP Reply with quoteBack to top

« phaedra2008 » wrote:
« electrobs » wrote:

Yes, strikingly similar both released the same year, the Daphnies et Chloé/Ravel artwork was done by Hiroo Isono a more prolific artist, check out more of his work here:
http://www.art-licensing.com/artists/Hiroo-Isono-Forests-and-Landscapes/biography.html
http://www9.ocn.ne.jp/~hiroo/
His great detailed works were ideal for challenging jigsaw puzzles.

Thanks Very Happy

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2014 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2014 CBACK.de