EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

On the quality of mail...

VCO1
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:03 am    On the quality of mail... Reply with quoteBack to top

And yet again it takes one of my orders - this time 2 cd's from Relapse Records - almost a month (and counting...) to get from the US to The Netherlands. One of my orders from CDBaby took even more than 2 months to arrive! Especially for someone as impatient as me, that's a long time. Wink

It seems that the quality of service of the different carriers is getting worse over the years. Or at least that the mail is getting pretty unreliable, 'cause a package from Amazon US got here in slightly more than a week (do they get priority somehow?).

What are your experiences with this?

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:00 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I ship a lot of packages and it is strange and untracable what is happening, I have had 2 parcel shipped on the same day getting to the same country (USA) sam shipping way (Priority) and the arrived 4!! WEEKS apart.
It is a strage world we live in.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:26 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

For me here in Oz I try to avoid US and Germany, worst for delivery times and highest "lost in transit" incidents.
Way to go is always Registered, but that costs more and not always available as some senders could not be bothered to fill in the Customs sticker/form.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:59 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« phaedra2008 » wrote:
For me here in Oz I try to avoid US and Germany, worst for delivery times and highest "lost in transit" incidents.
Way to go is always Registered, but that costs more and not always available as some senders could not be bothered to fill in the Customs sticker/form.

That is true, and we use registered and Prio and then you are also insured, if it gets lost I will resend it without any additional costs!!

REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:37 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

When I bought something from Ebay, I usually getting it 8-15 days after I paid. Mostly the customs here in NL take their time, when I check the post tracker of USPostal Services.

You never know if the seller post your package immediately or after some time.

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:34 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« REWO Records » wrote:
You never know if the seller post your package immediately or after some time.

Well, I'm pretty sure about the moment the parcels get sent. It just takes an enormous amount of time to get it delivered.

The problem is that it's very hard to complain. The Dutch post office usually refers you to the originating country, or refuses to take your complaint if you're not the sender. And the sender quite often doesn't care much to file a complaint (especially not the bigger companies).

Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:51 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I know that now due to the death of Osama Binladen all security rules are sticker again.
This means that certain parcel are not send Airmail although we paid for it.
It is very unclear sometimes what is going on.

betawave
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting topic.

Mail in the US is fine and hasn't changed much, however receiving mail from out of the US has become painfully long and I equate rate hikes i.e. fuel prices have risen so therefore I believe the services are trying as much as they can to consolidate mail to hold the bottom line i.e. operating expenses.

I also think terrorism is another issue esp for packages from abroad entering the US.

I wouldn't suspect packages leaving the US to be under less scrutiny therefore arriving to the destination on the expected times.

Last edited by betawave on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:59 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Mail entering the US is strange, within a few months ago i received a cd from The Netherlands in 4 days, this is no exaggeration, and my last cd from The UK took only a week, then again i had a cd arrive from The Netherlands probably in 4 weeks after the other one. Who knows what goes on with mail? tough question to answer.
HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
EM154
Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:49 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

You Got To remember, thanks to Al Quida all overseas mail has to go thru customs too.Don`t want any dirty bomb cd`s to get thru.
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:05 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

You can't put it all on Al Qaida. A large chunk of the problem is just inefficient/badly organized/low quality mail organizations.

One of my parcels (the latest Redshift cd) arrived yesterday. Posted on June 7th, with 2(!) Air Mail stickers on the envelope. The flight from the UK to The Netherlands is roughly 50 minutes... Still it took this envelope (not even a parcel) 9 full days to get delivered.

Anyways, this problem seems to be more structural, since I came across an old topic on a Dutch consumer's forum going back as far as 2008 on this exact same topic. All posters were having problems with mail from the UK to The Netherlands. And it seems it's not the Royal Mail that is to blame, but a company called Sandd who's doing the handling over here.

Well, I'm glad I got the new Redshift just before the weekend, or at least this weekend. Wink

betawave
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:29 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Re: bad post service..I really dont think its just the terror threat its the lack of concern over customer satisfaction and like I previously mentioned cutbacks because of higher overhead.

BTW 9 days delivery time for a 50 minute plane trip is a reason for a good old French style riot to get the message across!!

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:49 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The strange thing is that you can't put your finger on it.

2 parcels leaving the same day, same box, same weight.

12 days of delivery differnce I can't explain it anymore

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de