EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Sparks - Japanese Mini LP Box Sets Sound

phaedra2008
One of the Coolest Member

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:17 am    Sparks - Japanese Mini LP Box Sets Sound Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Sparks box looks very interesting. How do they sound?

Koos,
the sound quality is top notch, I mean the originals are preserved with just a bit of volume uplift and minimal/unnoticeable EQ, basically no compression/depression/maximization or other gimmick.
They got my attention in '74 with Propaganda, the Radio Luxembourg charts, I remember the fast speaking presenter sounding more like a horse race call.
A group like no other, although musically competing with Queen at times.
However, this is the first time I have the complete collection.
Cheers,
Cool

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:28 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Funny that you make the comparison with Queen which at that time was my favourite rockgroup (until 1977). I think you are right to say that Sparks musically competed with some of the Queen compositions but imo Sparks' music remained more interesting over the years. Still today surprisingly and very dynamic!

Where did you find and order the Sparks box?

www.myspace.com/emportalinfo

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
phaedra2008
One of the Coolest Member

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:53 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I got them of eBay, it is the only place box sets can be bought unless you walk into a Disk Union store somewhere in Japan.
Sparks came out in 2009 and sold very quickly, just checking now on eBay there is not one single mini LP Cd for sale let alone boxes, so people must hang onto them.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2014 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2014 CBACK.de