EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Barry De Vorzon

prognosticon
Cool Member

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:29 pm    Barry De Vorzon Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a producer and composer who I dont know much about! He did som rocksongs back in the 60ies and he have made som filmscores. The music he did that made me notic him was the scores from the movie "Warriors". I think its great, specally "Baseball Furies Chase Theme". and "The Warriors Theme Song". Does anyone know anything else about this man! If he released more stuff like the above?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5NYMZUYcks&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVZkssjCPSk&feature=related

/Peter

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:26 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont know if any of his scores were actually released on vinyl, or CD, for that matter. I remember his score for "They called him Stick" (starring Burt Reynolds), and I liked that Linn-meets-DX7 type of sound. Very 1980s.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
prognosticon
Cool Member

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:05 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The score for Warriors was released both on CD (got it my self) and on vinyl.

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=708797

Gonna try to find the "Stick" score. a good DX7 is never wrong Cool

grantcorp

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:35 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll plug the intro for "V: The Final Battle" that he did together with Joseph Conlan. It is an ominous and haunting piece, some might remember the music playing over the credits while a big red V is slowly appearing in the background. Linky

Not sure if it was ever released in soundtrack form, I've chased it for a long time without luck. You can of course always get this classic cheese on video. Remember; the visitors are our friends.

prognosticon
Cool Member

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:44 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I like it! Yepp this is a composer that definitely should get more attention. Imposible to find the "Stick" score...

Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:03 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

He's a good friend of David Foster, they used to work together. He's mentioned in the Foster book Hitman. Here's a list over all his soundtracks. Stick is not released:

http://soundtrackcollector.com/catalog/composerdiscography.php?composerid=1826&offset=0

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
prognosticon
Cool Member

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:16 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Intressant! Tack ska du ha Jon Smile

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2014 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkil

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2014 CBACK.de