EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Marooned (1969)?

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:22 pm    Marooned (1969)? Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

anybody around here who has an idea as to who made the electronic score for this film? Must be one of the earliest examples of a synthesiser soundtrack, pretty much like Gil Mell

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Artemi
One of the Coolest Member

russia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:37 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I have seen this film recently but I don't remember it having an electronic score. In fact, I don't remember it having ANY score at all. All I remember is silence (in space). Maybe it's so subtle you hardly hear it, something more like subtle electronic effects than music?

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
solitaryzen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:17 am    Re: Marooned (1969)? Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:

Must be one of the earliest examples of a synthesiser soundtrack, pretty much like Gil Mell
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Artemi

russia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:02 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Now that I'm thinking about it, I do remember some electric hums in "Marooned". But that's pretty much it. Interesting info found on this page:

http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Reviews/Reviews.asp?ID=6036

"The only sounds other than dialogue on this soundtrack are the beeping sounds of the control room and mechanical sounds in the rockets, plus the occasional takeoff."

Also, the DVD does not have score credits, so it seems that there's no music indeed.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:47 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, it may be that there were different versions available of this film for different countries. The German version (titled "Verschollen im Weltraum" -- lost in space) had some very nice, drone-based synthesiser score when the orbital "space" sections were shown. A bit like "Zeit"-period TD, with Florian Fricke on the Moog. Very analogue-sounding but more ARP than Moog, and nowhere near as abrasive as an EMS Smile... I wondered if this was an early example of Beaver and Krause or of Cecil and Margouleff doing some modular twiddlings.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2014 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkil

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2014 CBACK.de