EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

RIP Yukihiro Takahashi (June 6th, 1952 - January 14th 2023)

REWO Records
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:47 pm    RIP Yukihiro Takahashi (June 6th, 1952 - January 14th 2023) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yukihiro Takahashi (June 6th, 1952 - January 14th 2023) of Yellow Magic Orchestra has left for his cosmic journey. A true innovator along Haroumi Hosono and Ryuichi Sakamoto in Y.M.O. and as a solo musician
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:47 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad, so sad but that’s ‘life’

YMO have always been one of the positive drives in my musical life. Also one of my favourite bands since 1979 when I discovered their music and became a fan. A mix of traditional japanese and hightech electronic music. Had the privilege to attend their one time concert in the Netherlands (Rotterdam, 1980) and still remember how impressive and loud it was. As so many of his colleagues who left us Mr. Takahashi will be missed…

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
BruecknerAmbient
One of the Coolest Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:03 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad to read this. Sad

I confess that I ever only had one album by the YMO (which is a great one).
Always wanted to explore their music more deeply, but never arrived there (yet) for no particular reason.

It seems the passing of yet another great artist again will be the occasion for me to learn more about him...

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2023 CBACK.de