EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Bernhard W√∂stheinrich & Stephen Parsick - ULTIMA RATIO

bewoest
One of the Coolest Member

lithuania.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:16 pm    Bernhard W√∂stheinrich & Stephen Parsick - ULTIMA RATIO Reply with quoteBack to top

https://redundantrocker.com/2022/04/27/bernhard-wostheinrich-stephen-parsick-ultima-ratio/

I have to admit that in fact I find it more difficult than usual to promote this release. As it is obvious it's a play on sounds and forms of certain genre, and it is indeed meant as a respectful bow to all the creative, influential and defining minds of this particular era around the 1970ties, which for a great part happened to take place in Berlin, where I now live.

Now that sadly and unexpectedly one of the style-defining artists has passed away our release seems to get a certain context and also even awkwardness that of course wasn't intended like that.

However, I hope you'll be able to enjoy it as for what it is; Stephen and I created it with a lot of joy, appreciation and passion for details, in order to recreate 'that' particular feel of back when for you.

composed and performed by bernhard wöstheinrich, berlin, and by stephen parsick at dachgeschoss borgholzhausen.

mixed, engineered, and produced by stephen parsick between january and december 2021.

mastered by markus reuter

bernhard wöstheinrich: keyboards, virtual synthesizer, sequencer

stephen parsick: mellotron, arp odyssey mk. 1, arp pro dgx, elka string ensemble, compact phasing a, roland ph 830 phase shifter, solton and roland tape delays, akg and klark teknik spring reverbs.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:16 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent album!

And great to see that finally, one of Wolle's impressive ink drawings has been put to good use!

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Craig Shipley

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:16 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Gentlemen, you nailed it! You captured the era you were going for beautifully. While the passing of Herr Schulze coincided with this release, that sad event does not take away from this fine release; IMHO it feels like a joyous celebration tribute of his trailblazing contributions. I hear little quotes from TD as well. Thank you for this fine release and i hope that the two of you collaborate again in the future.
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2022 CBACK.de