EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Movies that you are passionate about

Artemi
One of the Coolest Member

russia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:29 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Are there really a lot of TD music in Red Heat? I have seen the movie, but I don't remember hearing any electronic stuff in it, but that was many years ago. Can someone refresh my memory? What tracks were included? Was it specifically composed for the film or were just some album tracks used instead?

Thanks.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:51 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Artemi » wrote:
Are there really a lot of TD music in Red Heat? I have seen the movie, but I don't remember hearing any electronic stuff in it, but that was many years ago. Can someone refresh my memory? What tracks were included? Was it specifically composed for the film or were just some album tracks used instead?

Thanks.

All music were written for the film. It is not a "wall-to-wall" soundtrack though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW8dJr6ToV8

http://voices-in-the-net.de/_riding_the_lizard_overland.htm

Not that bad a movie really.

« Jon » wrote:
Rainbow Drive
Shy People

There's two I haven't watched yet!

Artemi

russia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:05 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

If this is the case, then the fact that the soundtrack was never released is one mystery in the history of TD.

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Artemi » wrote:

Thanks.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the 1988 Arnold Schwarzenegger film Red Heat, scored by James Horner?

I think both the opening theme and the end credits theme from Red Heat (TD 1985) are really nice. The end theme is a melodic, "love theme"-based tune, as heard in Pertou's link.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:51 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Pertou » wrote:

« Jon » wrote:
Rainbow Drive
Shy People

Shy People is among the best films TD scored, I guess. Absolutely watchable, both for the music and the film itself. After all, Andrei Konchalovsky is a remarkable director.

Rainbow Drive is not a masterpiece of a film, starring Peter "Robocop" Weller, but it featured quite a few nice TD themes in typical Edgar/Paul mode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY5ksbIziW8

Artemi

russia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:03 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
« Artemi » wrote:

Thanks.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the 1988 Arnold Schwarzenegger film Red Heat, scored by James Horner?

I think both the opening theme and the end credits theme from Red Heat (TD 1985) are really nice. The end theme is a melodic, "love theme"-based tune, as heard in Pertou's link.

Heck, you're right. hence the misunderstanding. I didn't even know for sure there was another, more obscure "Red Heat" out there. But I suspected something of the kind. Thanks for clarification, Jon.

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:14 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Artemi » wrote:
« Jon » wrote:
« Artemi » wrote:

Thanks.

Heck, you're right. hence the misunderstanding. I didn't even know for sure there was another, more obscure "Red Heat" out there. But I suspected something of the kind. Thanks for clarification, Jon.

Red Heat (1988) even had a "russian plot", and parts of it were filmed in Moscow.

Artemi

russia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:49 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, that's the film I had in mind actually and that's why the TD score confusion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:54 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
« Pertou » wrote:

« Jon » wrote:
Rainbow Drive
Shy People

Shy People is among the best films TD scored, I guess. Absolutely watchable, both for the music and the film itself. After all, Andrei Konchalovsky is a remarkable director.

Someone uploaded the entire film on Youtube!

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:19 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Pertou » wrote:
« Jon » wrote:
« Pertou » wrote:

« Jon » wrote:
Rainbow Drive
Shy People

Someone uploaded the entire film on Youtube!

OK, then you know what to do. Very Happy

Strange that no music is featured on the opening credits of the film. Just silence. There were some difficulties in the relationship between Edgar and the producers during recording of the movie.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:00 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I watched it, and it totally lost the plot, when the boy in the cage was introduced, and how the N.Y. people just accepted it. Needless to say, I think it was an awful and overlong film.
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Pertou » wrote:
I watched it, and it totally lost the plot, when the boy in the cage was introduced, and how the N.Y. people just accepted it. Needless to say, I think it was an awful and overlong film.

How do you think the music worked in the film?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

It was alright. The Harbor was better than on the LP.
Eric G
Even more Cool Member

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Forrest Gump
As good as it gets
Groundhog day
A second chanse
Utvandrarna - Nybyggarna
Castaway

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Dancer In The Dark.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de