EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Dogs

Ron
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:18 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« synthnl » wrote:
Diesel looks so peacefull and quiet here Smile Never seen him this way Wink

We neither Embarassed

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
synthnl

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:21 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL Very Happy Did you tranqualize him for the pictures then?? Smile

www.synth.nl, www.myspace.com/synthnl and synthnl.blogspot.com

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
BillBinkelman
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:54 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

You're a lucky man, Ron. Great wife, kids and dog. Good for you, mate! Very Happy
Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« BillBinkelman » wrote:
You're a lucky man, Ron. Great wife, kids and dog. Good for you, mate! Very Happy

I sure am Smile

redphil

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:48 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Is Diesel cheaper to run than other dogs ?

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
dlmorley

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:07 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« redphil » wrote:

Smellier too, no?

M@kz Delissen
Obscurist

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:00 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« synthnl » wrote:
No news in The Netherlands as far as I know.

Can't remember where, but I did read something about this. My first thought was: put him in a cage with some of these fighting dogs - with his arms tied behind his back of course...

There is a distinct separation between domestic animals and farm animals. Farm animals are "commodities" i.e. they are bred for profit (be it milk , meat or eggs, or materials like leather and wool), and there is a general consensus that these animals deserve at least a minimum of comfort during their "productive" life. That turns out to be somewhat utopic, but most of the time it works out fine, at least in our "civilized" part of the world.

Then there are domestic animals, like cats and dogs (and some other, less obvious species, like birds, reptiles, and also horses).
For some reason, most owners treat these domestic animals like family members. Like myself, actually, I love my Siamese cat Rex, and I was in shock for a week when his brother Lynx was killed by a car some years ago...

When animals of the "domestic" category are used as a commodity we tend to react stronger (I know, it's a lame comparison, and by no means justifiable, but dog-fights are a form of profit making).

It's the animals (species: Homo Sapiens) that abuse animals that should be wiped out. Dog fights are illegal in most countries, for very obvious reasons. Maybe that's the reason why they still exist. People who don't care about breaking the law usually don't care about animal well-being either...

That sports guy Bill talks about deserves nothing less than our utter disdain. Mad

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« redphil » wrote:

Not really Labradors are none for the BIG appetit

Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dlmorley » wrote:
« redphil » wrote:

Smellier too, no?

no to my knowledge

qwave
Waldorfian

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:00 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« BillBinkelman » wrote:
Just wondering if it makes the news in The Netherlands, Germany, the UK, etc.

Not heard about this nor the person here. And I read the news paper fron front to back.

"Das Plagiat ist vielleicht die aufrichtigste Form der Verehrung." Alfred Polgar (†1955)

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dlmorley

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:15 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Saw it on the BBC website
Also saw this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6963688.stm

BillBinkelman
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:19 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« M@kz Delissen » wrote:
« synthnl » wrote:
No news in The Netherlands as far as I know.

Can't remember where, but I did read something about this. My first thought was: put him in a cage with some of these fighting dogs - with his arms tied behind his back of course...

There is a distinct separation between domestic animals and farm animals. Farm animals are "commodities" i.e. they are bred for profit (be it milk , meat or eggs, or materials like leather and wool), and there is a general consensus that these animals deserve at least a minimum of comfort during their "productive" life. That turns out to be somewhat utopic, but most of the time it works out fine, at least in our "civilized" part of the world.

Then there are domestic animals, like cats and dogs (and some other, less obvious species, like birds, reptiles, and also horses).
For some reason, most owners treat these domestic animals like family members. Like myself, actually, I love my Siamese cat Rex, and I was in shock for a week when his brother Lynx was killed by a car some years ago...

When animals of the "domestic" category are used as a commodity we tend to react stronger (I know, it's a lame comparison, and by no means justifiable, but dog-fights are a form of profit making).

It's the animals (species: Homo Sapiens) that abuse animals that should be wiped out. Dog fights are illegal in most countries, for very obvious reasons. Maybe that's the reason why they still exist. People who don't care about breaking the law usually don't care about animal well-being either...

That sports guy Bill talks about deserves nothing less than our utter disdain. Mad

Very well spoken and I couldn't have summed it up better if I tried. I agree completely. Thanks for posting this. Smile

RemoteViewing81

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:42 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a beautiful 8 year old American Eskimo who brings so much joy in my life! It's hard for me to understand people like Michael Vick and his ilk?

cucamonga
Even more Cool Member

spain.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:44 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the best Disney films EVER!

sparrow

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:47 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I still like to watch the old Disney animations. My wife has loads on video and DVD. There was a certain innocence to them which is lost these days in the pixar and other CGI films.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de