EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Michael Brückner - ASTRONAUTS Volume 2

BruecknerAmbient
One of the Coolest Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:21 pm    Michael Brückner - ASTRONAUTS Volume 2 Reply with quoteBack to top

My latest release - fully named

ASTRONAUTS Volume 2 - The Great 1994 Gravity Escape

https://auralfilms.bandcamp.com/album/astronauts-2-the-great-1994-gravity-escape

has been released last Saturday by the American independent label AURAL FILMS (I was in hospital for a few days, so this announcement comes a little late... Shocked ).

The digital version is offered as "name your price" - which includes the option to get it for FREE (although donations are welcome, of course Wink )

There's also a nice physical version, a 3 CD set actually.

https://auralfilms.bandcamp.com/album/astronauts-2-the-great-1994-gravity-escape

Actually, ASTRONAUTS is a new series by AURAL FILMS, each volume featuring music by one particular artist (Volume 1 is by Christian Fiesel) - and music which is particularily inspired by the theme of space travel.

The idea behind the series is to offer retrospectives over the work of artists which are into space music for a long time, but we were also invited to add some new music, if we wished so.
Which, at least in this case, means that it's a "hybrid" between a compilation of tracks from previously released albums, and new stuff.

The label specified in it's briefing that the volumes should have a running time between one and three hours - of course Rolling Eyes I went for the full running time...

However, I have divided the release in three segments, each one hour long.
Each one also is mixed in a continous fashion, creating an ongoing flow of music...

Hour 1 concentrates on material that was recorded between 1994 and 2006, covering my "early" obscure albums, when I still was a hermit in an ivory tower, cobbling my stuff together in a corner of our bed room (roughly speaking). All the original albums from which the tracks are taken are available from my Bandcamp page.

Hour 2 focuses on tracks from 2011 to 2017, a period when my music enjoyed slightly more exposure following my first ever label release (100 Million Miles Under The Stars on Syngate in 2012). This hour contains one track that had only be published on SoundCloud before, the rest comes from several albums available either from SynGate, or again my own BC page...

Hour 3 finally - subtitled "Zodiak" - is a new album, based on material that I have recorded in various sessions, improvisations and rehearsals in the first half of 2019.

The music I've chosen is mostly sequence based (although there are also a few ambient and/or experimental bits) and should appeal to TD, KS and partly also Jarre fans, I guess...

Thanks a lot for Your attention and ENJOY the music!

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de