EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Sverre Knut Johansen with Robert Rich - PRECAMBRIAN

Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:33 pm    Sverre Knut Johansen with Robert Rich - PRECAMBRIAN Reply with quoteBack to top

Coming in May from Spotted Peccary. Looking forward to this interesting collaboration. No links to it yet.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:27 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked Shocked Shocked

...me too! Wink

Actually, now that You mention it, I vaguely remember to have heard of the project before, but it had vanished from my radar in the meantime.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:27 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the only thing I knew of it before Friday was that Johansen was about to release some new music with a rather well-known EM artist. Turns out it was Rich.

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:28 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Release date May 29.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgTNPfoPI6E

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:

Thanks for the update., Jon! Smile The music sounds great and the video is fascinating!

I'm looking forward to this one...

-

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:36 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Played through the CD once. Somewhat disappointing, too ambient and not enough good melodies. His weakest of the 4 on Spotted Peccary. Best track the 11 minute closing track.

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:59 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
Played through the CD once. Somewhat disappointing, too ambient and not enough good melodies. His weakest of the 4 on Spotted Peccary. Best track the 11 minute closing track.

Interesting - I would rather have even more ambient... Laughing

If I had any complaint about the album (after my first couple of listens) it would be that most of it sounds "too musically" (in a conventional way) and not abstract enough to do it's subject (of evoking eons before humans even arrived on earth) justice.
Well, that's not really a complaint from my side, just an observation. When listening to music I like, it's easy for me to just ignore the subject. And I basically really enjoy the album a lot.

But I had a listen to some older music by Sverre and what I heard was indeed mainly more conventional music than here, so when You expected that Jon, I can see why You are disappointed…

I think my favourite track may be "Anthropocene" btw. because it has a little bit of drama, but I also love the opener - which, actually, partly reminds me of "Velvet Voyage" (by Klaus Schulze from "Mirage", but who do I need to tell that here? Wink )

Now while I think of it, there IS one thing that puzzled me a bit: on a few spots there are some distorted sounds which made me actually wonder if they are intended. Maybe they are, but I confess some of them sound a bit unpleasant to me. This is just a minor detail, though…

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de