EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Music From The Films Of Michael Mann (2CD)

Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:47 pm    Music From The Films Of Michael Mann (2CD) Reply with quoteBack to top

This 2CD has been out since march, I just found out about it. A great shame that no Tangerine Dream from Thief or The Keep is featured, no Tim Truman from Miami Vice and LA Takedown, no Klaus Schulze or Kitaro or Michel Rubini/The Reds from Manhunter, and only one Jan Hammer track. But artists like Moby, William Orbit, Terje Rypdal, Clannad, Michael Brook, Jan Garbarek/Lisa Gerrard/Peter Bourke, Brian Eno, Groove Armada and Massive Attack are all there.

Opinions?

http://www.amazon.com/Directors-Cut-Music-Films-Michael/dp/B000N3TYNI

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
24db

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:11 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Drivel Smile

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
BillBinkelman
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:03 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

My opinion? Idiotic! Mann MADE his rep on movies like Thief, Manhunter, The Keep, and Miami Vice put him on the map. This feels like a money-making opportunistic ploy, IMO, hopefully not by Mann but whoever holds the rights to these tracks. Shameless, because I wonder how many people will not do the research to find out what's on the CD, buy it, and feel cheated.

Glad you posted this so I was not one of the ones I referred to. I would've investigated before purchase, but this way, I can save my time.

Sorry to sound bitter and p.o'd but our dog, Onyx, was just diagnosed with cancer two days ago and I'm not in the best of moods, obviously. Crying or Very sad

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Bert

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:05 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Bill, I second you opinion......

and sorry to hear about your dog; didn't you lose another dog 6 years or so ago the same way?

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:40 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Reports say that it actually *is* Mann himself who chose the tracks for this release. Makes it even worse. And it probably shows that TD have no commercial appeal anymore, when not one single track made it to the double-disc.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
Soundwave
Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:00 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

It should at least have one TD or KS track but 'In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida' is on there so it almost makes it worth buying. Cool
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
etherworld
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:27 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

"Thief" is one kick butt movie, the soundtrack is even better, what?? no tracks from this, how sad........"The Keep" is another good flick and I would venture to say someone had their head in the sand..........

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
dlmorley

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:34 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

probably politics somewhere along the line...

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2014 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2014 CBACK.de