EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Groove Unlimited

phaedra2008
One of the Coolest Member

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:01 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« REWO Records » wrote:
So when the wife decides not to go and you spent 1000 dollars on tickets, you agree on that??

Wasn't that simple (logical) Very Happy
she liked their music enough to "convince" me finding top seats, $500 bucks was for 2 tickets.
Then she calls it off the last minute suggesting I ring an friend (firmly into EM) and go with him Rolling Eyes
So there I was, the plan all laid out for me to go to a concert I did not care much for in the first place.

The drive of one hour out of the city comes after another hour reaching the edge of the suburbs.
Just one of those little things that come up in marriage now and then, I am sure the situation was not that unique Very Happy

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:27 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« redphil » wrote:
« phaedra2008 » wrote:

ZZ Top were here a few months back, I had to cancel my attendance on the day and blew away $500, ....

$500 ??? where were you sat, at the drums ??

Behind the beard.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:21 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Still I would rather he used the store credit or I had given him the money back then get this kind of reaction, the problem with the internet is that it is so easy to damage people with one line or sentence and then never come back on it then to resolve problems.

So Thomas if you read this let me know if you want to use the credit!!

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
electrobs

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:47 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Ron » wrote:
Still I would rather he used the store credit or I had given him the money back then get this kind of reaction, the problem with the internet is that it is so easy to damage people with one line or sentence and then never come back on it then to resolve problems.

Yes, but we all KNOW YOU & we all know GROOVE UNLIMITED - so it is NOT SO EASY to damage YOU (hopefully & surely Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:49 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« electrobs » wrote:
« Ron » wrote:

Yes, but we all KNOW YOU & we all know GROOVE UNLIMITED - so it is NOT SO EASY to damage YOU (hopefully & surely Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thnx !! Very much appriciated

bewoest

lithuania.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:59 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems to be that Groove is just the main way to reach the fans of the 'classical electronic music', at least here in europe.

Either they know an artist's name and music from there or they simply don't know it at all.

Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:05 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« bewoest » wrote:
It seems to be that Groove is just the main way to reach the fans of the 'classical electronic music', at least here in europe.

Either they know an artist's name and music from there or they simply don't know it at all.

Hi That could ceertainly go for Groove itself aka ME.
I am very sure that I miss out on some great music, and perhaps through that also some of my costumers. That is why I always ask in the News letter to let me knoe what I am missing Smile

So what am I missing, let me know

redphil

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:34 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Ron » wrote:
, the problem with the internet is that it is so easy to damage people with one line or sentence and then never come back on it then to resolve problems.
!!

This is not limited to just the internet. It is a fact that people are considerably more likely to talk about 'bad' service they received than good. (I've worked in retail for 30 years, this is pretty much a service mantra) One perceived bad experience will cancel out any previous good service, no matter how many successful transactions. And that person will go on to tell people about only the 1 bad experience.

So, in an attempt to balance things out, can I just say that I have experienced only good service from Groove over the years.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Phil: "A good name comes with the Steamtrain a and a bad name comes with a jet."

I have good experience with Groove as long as I can remember. Never had any problems as both seller and buyer.

Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:52 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« electrobs » wrote:
« Ron » wrote:

Agreed. I think most people look further than into one sentence like that. It doesn't look like Thomas has many followers in this particular case.

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« redphil » wrote:
So, in an attempt to balance things out, can I just say that I have experienced only good service from Groove over the years.

ditto

https://twitter.com/emportal

Thomas
Even more Cool Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:28 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Ron » wrote:
I told him after the day that he could get a credit for it, (after some mailing through and front),
But I never got an answer back.

Ron, this is not true. I have two rather bad experiences with Groove (you) now. You have not said anything about a credit in a mail to me.
Actually I never thought I could get a refund for the ticket, because I know that it is not usual to get refund for tickets. And I would have respected that immediately.

But the problem is that you said "that should be no problem" in a mail to me when I asked about this. And I only asked because I read that the concert was sold out. Then I thought you maybe could sell my ticket as well.

Then you "dissappeared". i tried to write to you both via mail and via forum. You did not answer. And when I finally heard from you again, the concert was over, and the only thing you said was that I could get no refund. Your feedback is almost non-existent, or at best cryptic. Not what I call customer service. And remember that I never expected any refund in the first place, and then got positively surprised that you said: "no problem".

I did not hear from you again before the concert. If you actually had informed me more I could have sold the ticket myself. And that credit you mention I have not heard about at all, so I wonder what that is.
And this is the second time I feel that Groove provides poor feedback and customer service.

It is nice that people here say they have only good experiences with Groove, but I have had some bad experiences, and even was treated rather rude in the other case I mentioned.

The money is not the big problem really. I can afford to lose them, and I had other priorities that was most important to me at the time. I know the concert was great. I have talked to friends who were there, and I am really happy they had a nice time. I look forward to CD and/or DVD releases from Loom, and I will enjoy it a lot. So I am not bitter or angry that I could not go there. I am actually quite happy that I stayed home, because that gave me a really great opportunity that has to do with my future career in years to come.

So all in all this is just about the principles. I feel I was treated rather poor, and I got very poor information on what was going on. So after those experiences I have lost my interest with Groove.

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:05 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Whats the problem, actually? And why did you have to make it public?

Not meaning to take sides, but I seem to remember that Ron is now carrying the workload of running a label/distribution enterprise *and* organising a festival. Telling from my own, limited experience I guess this is quite a lot of work.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:22 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

As always, there are two sides of the story, perhaps spiced up with some emotional overreaction.
Around 1990 I gave up buying for almost 15 years, I got cheated by 2-3 private sellers at the same time, I sent the money and never got anything back, losing out on some rarities seemed the end of it...

That was enough reason for me to give up while not feeling bad about it.

I often reflected back on that period and had to admit there were other reasons, family, kids coming along, I simply could no longer afford my buying habits.
Losing a few hundred dollars was not the real reason, it was the trigger for something else.

Time passed, situations changed and with the Internet I found the items I lost then, plus more, it was a bad experience at a bad time, and life is full of such things, never give up...

Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:32 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Thomas

Glad we are in contact again because I really have tried to reach you after our email exchange. If you did not get my mails, sorry but they where replies on your mail so they should have reached you as all former mails.

But I also tried to reach you through Facebook and tried to befriend you but I never got a response on that either. Perhaps my feedback is cryptic because my native language is Dutch and not Englisch.

We can discuss this at lenght here or through other means but I do't think that is the way to clear this up. In my last mails to you that where unanswered (like I said if had not had them I am sorry but there is little I can do about that) and after my request with Facebook that I got no response I had to react here after your reaction in this group. I still think it is not a thing I would have done!!

So I think it was a good offer I did, and I am not going to bicker about this much longer, I am going to refund your amount and leave it as it stands.

I don't know what the first problem is that you had with me or Groove, actually I don't want to know after the discussion now.
I whish you all the best with the new carreer, but in all principke I don't think you where ever treated poor or had bad information. If I can not reach you I don't see that as poor service, it is more that we are victims of curcomstance.

allas that is internet for you.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de