EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Groove Unlimited

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:32 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« bewoest » wrote:
« dronescape » wrote:
Cool, handbags at dawn.

Stephen (leaning back, getting himself a bag of popcorn...)

...And (yet) you're not even involved, Stephen. So, what went wrong? Are you getting old? Wink

I cant get anywhere as old as I feel .

Even though Ron and I tend to be at odds every now and then, we share enough mutual respect not to drag disagreement onto a personal level -- even if it may look like this for outside observers.

And seriously, since I have no clue whats going on here and what this is all about I guess Id rather get me a nice cigar and a dram of Scotch.. and enjoy the show thats to come.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Ron
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:30 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dronescape » wrote:
« bewoest » wrote:
« dronescape » wrote:
Cool, handbags at dawn.

Stephen (leaning back, getting himself a bag of popcorn...)

...And (yet) you're not even involved, Stephen. So, what went wrong? Are you getting old? Wink

I cant get anywhere as old as I feel .

Even though Ron and I tend to be at odds every now and then, we share enough mutual respect not to drag disagreement onto a personal level -- even if it may look like this for outside observers.

And seriously, since I have no clue whats going on here and what this is all about I guess Id rather get me a nice cigar and a dram of Scotch.. and enjoy the show thats to come.

Stephen

True, I dont always agree with Stephen on how he puts things in his perspective but on a personal level I think he is a great musician and nice person to talk to when we meet (to seldom but we had a good talk at EC 2011), and like Stephan I would also like to know what we have done wrong. We as a supplier do make mistakes and it is sometimes mnot even our fau;t (Postage delays etc) But we always try to resolve it in the best way for the costumer. So I really would like to know what it is why he states that you should stay away from Groove.

I want to run a respectable and friendly bussiness. Pay my bills on time and make shure everybody gets what he deserves so, Thomas what is tii we did wrong!! Please let me know, I have about 60 Thomasses as costumers so I have bo idea which one you are.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:51 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't say I agree with Thomas. I haven't really had any problems with Groove in the past, although I haven't really ordered that much.

I know Thomas as a kind and friendly person, so I'm a little surprised about this. It must really have been serious. Cool

Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:01 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

But which Thomas is it??
And if it is so serious I would like to know!!

Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:03 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I must say that I am pretty upset about this!!
After 2 days still no answer from Thomas why one should stay away from Groove. If you have a fundamental complaind just state it here or let me know! It is so cheap and easy to just shout something and then not follow it up!!

Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:25 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I found out who Thomas is I think.
And just to clearify thing here.
He bought a ticket for E-Live 2011.
And could not attend, told me this and wanted a refund.
As I already was loosing money on the whole day and needed a sell out
to make the loss bearable I denied it.
But I offered him to sel the ticket is it could be sold.
I had 7 tckets on the day it self left to be sure that if
people would come they could still come in.
I told him after the day that he could get a credit for it, (after some mailing through and front),
But I never got an answer back.
And now he wants people to stay away from groove!!!
Sorry but I think I have been nice enough to him.
I had 2 other costumers who could now come but where nice enough to accept the store credit.
Sorry to say Thomas your behavior is in my opion out of line and a very cheap shot!!

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:51 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Given the fact that he seems to be a big TD fan, my guess is that he's just very disappointed that he couldn't attend the unique performance by Loom at E-Live. More than loosing the money. And rightly so, cause it was absolutely marvelous. Twisted Evil

I fully agree with Ron that this is a very cheap shot by Thomas. The fact that he doesn't want to elaborate on his statement doesn't make it any better.

Oh, and like previous posters I can only confirm that Groove is an excellent EM retailer. Nothing but positive experiences.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:52 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Very childish behavior mixing a ticket for a once a year event with a mail service running all year round.
The event was on as planned and just like a movie or any other concert, Opera, stage play, etc. if one does not attend, the ticket becomes memorabilia.

ZZ Top were here a few months back, I had to cancel my attendance on the day and blew away $500, it never crossed my mind to ring the box office to take them back, blame the organizers or advise friends not to buy tickets through that outlet....

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:30 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Whats so hard about either putting the ticket up for auction on evilPay if theres enough time to do that, or to pass it on to somebody else?

Ugh, well.. I dont even bother to try and understand... but while were at it, stay away from Mr. Jarre! He still owes me 75 Deutschmark for the Dusseldorf concert that fell through in 1994...

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:08 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy Good analogy,
along the same lines, I should ask Schulze for something more substantial, I was already in Paris and ready for Bologna the next day to see his 2 cancelled shows in April, 2008 I think... flights from the edge of my Universe, accommodation, pain in the ass, etc Laughing
There would be many similar examples but I think the offers to pacify the situation were more than reasonable.

redphil

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:27 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« phaedra2008 » wrote:
:
along the same lines, I should ask Schulze for something more substantial, I was already in Paris and ready for Bologna the next day to see his 2 cancelled shows in April, 2008 I think... flights from the edge of my Universe, accommodation, pain in the ass, etc Laughing

Me too, although I simply didn't take the flights (from M/cr to Paris to Venice [train to bologne and back to Venice] to Paris to M/cr) but still payed for them all. Got my tickets refunded tho. Whoopee.

And I had flights for the other Bologne gig cancelled a few years earlier !!! He really owes me.

If it is as Ron describes then yes, Thomas is out of order. You books your ticket at your own peril, nobody gives you a refund simply because you can't make it anymore. Although lets give him a chance to reply. Not everyone is on here every day.

redphil

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:31 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« phaedra2008 » wrote:

ZZ Top were here a few months back, I had to cancel my attendance on the day and blew away $500, ....

$500 ??? where were you sat, at the drums ??

phaedra2008

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:25 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« redphil » wrote:
« phaedra2008 » wrote:

ZZ Top were here a few months back, I had to cancel my attendance on the day and blew away $500, ....

$500 ??? where were you sat, at the drums ??

Close enough, 2 tickets, second row central, my wife changed her mind 4 hours before the show, I could not find anyone taking them for free...
The venue (Kwinana Motroplex) was also 1 hour drive out of the city.

We are at the edge of the world here, not many acts come this way, when they do the cost is high, most good tickets are sold through club memebrships as packages with snack n' drinks, river cruises and other non related bits.
It was a strange tour as they were part of a festival acts line up in the Eastern states, there was a week break so they did some solo gigs including the one in Perth after which they rejoined another fetsival line up back on the East coast.
Too often over here you only get one chance in a lifetime for a lot of acts.

REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:51 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

So when the wife decides not to go and you spent 1000 dollars on tickets, you agree on that??

ambientlive

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:26 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Must have been that killer 1 hour drive that did it Very Happy

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de