EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Colin Towns

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:38 am    Colin Towns Reply with quoteBack to top

OST Full Circle

Beautiful score

your opinions please

www.myspace.com/emportalinfo

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:48 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

nobody knows this music ?

Bert
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:52 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

yes i do, very nice LP with an excellent theme !
Quite a must-have, don't know if the whole album ever made it to CD...

Last edited by Bert on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:20 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Bert » wrote:
don't know if the whole album ever made it to CD...

It did Smile

http://www.101cd.com/detail.aspx?productid=70436

Polysix
Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:34 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Vignoble @ Co. » wrote:
nobody knows this music ?

Yes, I do as well.

I bought the LP a few years back in a charity shop and was pleasantly surprised as to how good this soundtrack is.

Very haunting & atmospheric and played on piano & classic synths of the period.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
M@kz Delissen
Obscurist

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:58 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

here's a short story:

When I was much MUCH younger, actually, on the night I moved out of my parents house to spread my wings in Tilburg to go to college, I taped a one-off radio show called Fiction Factory. It was made (one might even say constructed, for lack of a better word), by the leading Dutch radio host of those days (Jeroen van Inkel, this may ring a bell for some of my fellow-countrymen). It was announced in the radio/TV guide as "psychedelic radio collage".

One hour of total EM bliss... There were samples from movies (f.i. Blade Runner) and music by Jarre, Kraftwerk, Vangelis, Human League, Lio (La Petite Amazone, best song she ever did...), YMO and so forth.

That tape became the soundtrack of my first lonely and homesick months in Tilburg. On that tape, there was one piece that always moved me to tears when I played it, but I never found out who was playing it. There was no playlist in the radio/TV guide, and in those days, there was no Internet to look it up any other way...

Many, MANY years later, I visited a friend who's one of my "Partners in HiFi Crime". Every now and then we try to surprise the other with music that he has never heard. He sunk the needle into an LP after saying

Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:26 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« M@kz Delissen » wrote:
here's a short story:

When I was much MUCH younger, actually, on the night I moved out of my parents house to spread my wings in Tilburg to go to college, I taped a one-off radio show called Fiction Factory. It was made (one might even say constructed, for lack of a better word), by the leading Dutch radio host of those days (Jeroen van Inkel, this may ring a bell for some of my fellow-countrymen). It was announced in the radio/TV guide as "psychedelic radio collage".

One hour of total EM bliss... There were samples from movies (f.i. Blade Runner) and music by Jarre, Kraftwerk, Vangelis, Human League, Lio (La Petite Amazone, best song she ever did...), YMO and so forth.

That tape became the soundtrack of my first lonely and homesick months in Tilburg. On that tape, there was one piece that always moved me to tears when I played it, but I never found out who was playing it. There was no playlist in the radio/TV guide, and in those days, there was no Internet to look it up any other way...

Many, MANY years later, I visited a friend who's one of my "Partners in HiFi Crime". Every now and then we try to surprise the other with music that he has never heard. He sunk the needle into an LP after saying

dlmorley

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:53 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it the colin towns of Gillan fame?

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:04 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

yep

http://www.behind-the-mask.co.uk/html/gillan-ct.html

dlmorley

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:25 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, then I know his playing from Gillan. EXCELLENT. I used to listen to a fair bit of gillan for some reason.. Odd stuff just after he left Deep Purple, but I like it a lot.

redphil

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:27 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw Gillan live quite a few times and Colin used to have a solo flute spot in the show. And we're not talking 20 seconds. He'd play for a good 5 mins. It was a nice breather. Smile

Phrozenlight

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:26 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I discovered the music of Colin Towns (who once was the keyboard player of UK hardrock band Whitesnake)

??? sorry but I think you have that wrong, for as far I know he was in Ian Gillan's Band Wink

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:03 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Phrozenlight » wrote:
I discovered the music of Colin Towns (who once was the keyboard player of UK hardrock band Whitesnake)

??? sorry but I think you have that wrong, for as far I know he was in Ian Gillan's Band Wink

you're right Bert (I am getting old) Smile

THX

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2014 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2014 CBACK.de