EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Vince Clarke and Martin L. Gore announce new Collaboration

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:56 pm    Vince Clarke and Martin L. Gore announce new Collaboration Reply with quoteBack to top

Mute have today announced details of the much anticipated collaboration between Vince Clarke and Martin L. Gore and you can find all the information available so far in Mute's official press release below;

VINCE CLARKE AND MARTIN L. GORE ANNOUNCE DETAILS OF BRAND NEW COLLABORATION

After 30 years working on their respective ongoing music projects, Vince Clarke (Erasure/Yazoo/Depeche Mode) and Martin L. Gore (Depeche Mode) come together for the first time since 1981 as VCMG to release a brand new album preceded by a series of EPs.

VCMG is the fruit of initially tentative discussion and subsequent enthused collaboration where Vince and Martin, both influential as pioneers in electronic music, get to exercise their lifelong love of the genre as the techno-inspired VCMG.

As Vince explains: "I've been getting into and listening to a lot of minimal dance music and I got really intrigued by all the sounds… I realised I needed a collaborator… so it occurred to me to talk to Martin."

Says Gore: "Out of the blue I got an e-mail from Vince just saying, 'I'm interested in making a techno album. Are you interested in collaborating?' This was maybe a year ago. He said, 'No pressure, no deadlines,' so I said, 'OK'."

The writing and recording of the album was done in a typically unique way with the pair working alone in their respective studios, communicating only via email, exchanging files until the album was ready. It was in May 2011 that the pair met for the first time to discuss the project when they both performed at Short Circuit presents Mute festival in London.

The album (title to be announced soon) was produced by Vince Clarke and Martin L. Gore and mixed by the influential Californian electronic artist Überzone/Q and will be released in the spring of 2012.

The first release is an EP entitled Spock. EP1/SPOCK will feature remixes from Edit-Select, aka Tony Scott, the UK DJ/producer and founder of EditSelect Records whose previous remix credits include Speedy J, Death In Vegas and Gary Beck; Regis, British techno musician Karl O'Connor, member of the Sandwell District collective and co-founder of Downwards Records); DVS1, Brooklyn based producer Derek VanScoten (Radiohead/Sleigh Bells/Emancipator); plus XOQ, the alter ego of Überzone/Q, who mixed the VCMG album.

EP1/SPOCK will be available initially as a global exclusive on Beatport on 30 November, and then on all DSPs from 12 December with the 12" release following on 19 December 2011.

EP1 / SPOCK TRACKLIST
Spock - Album version / Spock - Edit Select Remix / Spock - Regis Remix / Spock - DVS1 Voyage Home Remix / Spock - XOQ Remix

Apart from a couple of pictures that are on the Vince Clarke website that's all I have at the moment. More soon though...

Cheers!

Richard

Vince Clarke Music
www.vinceclarkemusic.com

www.myspace.com/emportalinfo

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:21 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks interesting indeed! I guess it may be a sign of the end of Depeche Mode soon though...

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
dlmorley

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:22 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I was kind of looking forwards to this.
It is however rather boring and unoriginal.
shame..

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Feb Birthed

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:44 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

So it's not out yet?

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
dlmorley

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:28 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

http://soundcloud.com/muterecords/vcmg-spock-1

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
electrobs
Even more Cool Member

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:43 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dlmorley » wrote:
http://soundcloud.com/muterecords/vcmg-spock-1

Not bad!!! Smile

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Jon

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:29 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« dlmorley » wrote:
I was kind of looking forwards to this.
It is however rather boring and unoriginal.
shame..

Well yeah, not exactly cutting-edge stuff there. Must have been made in 10 minutes. Rolling Eyes

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
Mac of BIOnighT
Even more Cool Member

italy.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:59 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't understand why people who created and gave so much and were so original and unique find it so fascinating to turn into clones of corny stuff that's been made 27521443635 times before by just about anybody and that just about anybody could make... how sad. Sad
HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2014 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2014 CBACK.de