EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 tangerine dream soundtrack varese sarabande release

Post new topicReply to topic
Poll :: ther best TD soundtrack on varese sarabande

Wavelength
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Legend
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Near dark
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Shy people
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
three o'clock high
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Firestarter
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
i love a different td sountrack album from another label
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18


Author Message
Artemi
One of the Coolest Member




Age: 34
Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 2400
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia


russia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:14 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, this is a funny part where KS talks about this geographic "deal" with EF. Smile
_________________
Long live EM!

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
barbakane
Cool Member





Joined: 18 Jun 2011
Posts: 102


netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« sparrow » wrote:
My fave of all TD's soundtracks is.......Heartbreakers..least fave Sorceror..so shoot me.


if that is the case than you like the soundtrack "deadly care" as well?

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
barbakane
Cool Member





Joined: 18 Jun 2011
Posts: 102


netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:48 pm    Re: tangerine dream soundtrack varese sarabande release Reply with quoteBack to top

« RemoteViewing81 » wrote:

. I found Firestarter and Near Dark in a dollar bin at Wal*Mart.... Surprised


i found Edgar Froese, kamikaze soundtrack in the one euro bin, what a find i thought, but...it wasn't Rolling Eyes

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
sparrow
One of the Coolest Member




Age: 50
Joined: 15 Apr 2007
Posts: 2981


scotland.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:44 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« barbakane » wrote:
« sparrow » wrote:
My fave of all TD's soundtracks is.......Heartbreakers..least fave Sorceror..so shoot me.


if that is the case than you like the soundtrack "deadly care" as well?


I like it more than Sorceror..I bought Sorceror way back and could never get into it. Some parts are OK but most just noise..poor noise at that all IMO of course. I still play it now & again.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
phaedra2008
One of the Coolest Member





Joined: 09 Aug 2009
Posts: 3212


australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:20 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
i found Edgar Froese, kamikaze soundtrack in the one euro bin

Surprising you did not find the rest in there Laughing

Quote:
I bought Sorceror way back and could never get into it

same here, better that the lost tapes remain lost...

I found that the better a soundtrack enhances the mood of a movie the less chance it will mean the same as stand alone audio.
If you watched the movie and liked it, every time the music plays the visual memory kicks in, but without that help it will not be the same.

_________________
Imagination is more important than knowledge
Albert Einstein

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
barbakane
Cool Member





Joined: 18 Jun 2011
Posts: 102


netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:45 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Craig Shipley » wrote:
My favorites are still THIEF & SORCERER, but FIRESTARTER is good also (even if the recording sounds a bit thin). SHY PEOPLE & 3 O'CLOCK HIGH are pretty atrocious releases with maybe one or two good moments. But there are even worse soundtrack recordings out there (THE PARK IS MINE, mainly due to the source tapes) and others like CATCH ME IF YOU CAN and DEAD SOLID PERFECT where EF and the boys didn't even try to make a quality release. I think these clunkers were instrumental in beginning my dissatisfaction with the later TD music.


than you must have noticed the similarities between Thief and The park is mine. The version that i have of Thief also includes "Confrontation" played bij TD written bij craig safan and some different takes on beach theme etc... very nice album indeed (a 20th aniversary edition)

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
barbakane
Cool Member





Joined: 18 Jun 2011
Posts: 102


netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:50 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

from the varese releases my favourite is "Wavelenght"

Thief is the overall best soundtrack (the orange records release i like the most)

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Jon
One of the Coolest Member




Age: 39
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 1544
Location: Kristiansand, Norway


norway.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:50 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« barbakane » wrote:
« Craig Shipley » wrote:
My favorites are still THIEF & SORCERER, but FIRESTARTER is good also (even if the recording sounds a bit thin). SHY PEOPLE & 3 O'CLOCK HIGH are pretty atrocious releases with maybe one or two good moments. But there are even worse soundtrack recordings out there (THE PARK IS MINE, mainly due to the source tapes) and others like CATCH ME IF YOU CAN and DEAD SOLID PERFECT where EF and the boys didn't even try to make a quality release. I think these clunkers were instrumental in beginning my dissatisfaction with the later TD music.


than you must have noticed the similarities between Thief and The park is mine. The version that i have of Thief also includes "Confrontation" played bij TD written bij craig safan and some different takes on beach theme etc... very nice album indeed (a 20th aniversary edition)


I don't think TD ever played Conrontation.

_________________
Just give me a pain that I'm used to

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
barbakane
Cool Member





Joined: 18 Jun 2011
Posts: 102


netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:34 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

on my Thief (20th anniversary Ultimate edition) cd from orange records. it says the following Tracks 8 en 15 composed by Craig Safan, performed by Tangerine dream.

track 8 is Final confrontation / End Credits
track 15 is Final Confrontation

(track 9,10,11,12,13,14,15) or alternate, Extended & unused cues

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Jon
One of the Coolest Member




Age: 39
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 1544
Location: Kristiansand, Norway


norway.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:54 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« barbakane » wrote:
on my Thief (20th anniversary Ultimate edition) cd from orange records. it says the following Tracks 8 en 15 composed by Craig Safan, performed by Tangerine dream.

track 8 is Final confrontation / End Credits
track 15 is Final Confrontation

(track 9,10,11,12,13,14,15) or alternate, Extended & unused cues


I'm still not convinced but thanks anyway! Laughing

_________________
Just give me a pain that I'm used to

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
phaedra2008
One of the Coolest Member





Joined: 09 Aug 2009
Posts: 3212


australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:06 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The Thief 20th anniversary edition on Orange records is a Bootleg, stated as made in Canada.
There are 2 slightly different versions of a track called Final Confrontation which is TD with lots of guitar.
The problem is I can't remember how the Craig Safan Confrontation sounded like, have to pull out the LP version to hear that track.

_________________
Imagination is more important than knowledge
Albert Einstein

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


 Jump to:   



Show permissions


© 2007-2014 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2014 CBACK.de
Powered by Orion based on phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
FI Theme Converted by U.K. Forumimages
All times are GMT + 2 Hours