EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Hans Zimmer's "Rain Main"

René

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:43 pm    Hans Zimmer's "Rain Main" Reply with quoteBack to top

I like this one a lot. It sounds very good.
Thomas
Even more Cool Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:44 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I really like the Rainman theme, too. A really beautiful tune Smile
OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
René

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:29 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Thomas » wrote:
I really like the Rainman theme, too. A really beautiful tune Smile

Very powerful production in sound. One of the few Panflute tracks i like.

Thomas
Even more Cool Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:33 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« renevanderwouden » wrote:

One of the few Panflute tracks i like.

Hehe, agree! panflute is usually crap, but this one works Smile

BillBinkelman
Very Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:20 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree the "theme" is excellent, but don't buy the CD for that because it's a rip off. Too many vocal songs from the soundtrack and not enough of Zimmer's stuff. Maybe a total of 10 minutes of his music and the rest just songs that were used in the film. What a disappointment.

The theme at the end (the scene at the railroad station) is the best stuff, IMO.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Jon
One of the Coolest Member

norway.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:18 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Rain Man is brilliant, yes. But it's not a real pan flute though...

I think the CD is worth buying even if there is just around 11 minutes of Zimmer on it. You can usually find the CD quite cheap.

This is a common problem about film music, including songs on the CD instead of the instrumental score.

I remember that theme at the end, Bill. There is a bootleg CD of the score available, with more music from the film. It is at
http://hans-zimmer.com/fr/search.php , search for Rain Man to the right.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
ahem
Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:09 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

For Zimmer it's very good, but it doesn't sound more special than anything Jan Hammer was churning out every week on MIAMI VICE. The Oscar nomination was frankly laughable. LOADS of 80s synth scores were lightyears more deserved than that late 80s cocktail party backing music.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2014 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2014 CBACK.de