EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Javi Cánovas music

Javi
Cool Member

spain.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:13 am    Javi Cánovas music Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all:
My music is available on cdrs in smd label in synthmusicdirect and several shops.
So a new recopilation album with some of the best tracks is on Spotify. Bandcamp byebye, jajaja.....oh mates lets go with some of sense of humor..... Jajajaja, I cant stop like Joker...
I worked hardly during 15 years but Im consciuos what my music likes only a few persons in the world. Well, I tried it. I suposse Im a bad musician but remember guys. I tried it. jajahajajaja....shit!!laughs of Joker again.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
VinceL
Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:56 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Javi,

I guess I am one of the few people who likes your music. I just counted....I have 19 of your albums.

It sounds like you are giving up making music....I hope not.

SolarPlexus
Even more Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:35 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

My guess is;

Lack of marketing (even exit marketing)

There is so much choice and some are just better at marketing their releases....

Noticed there are older albums listed on Discogs for example.
Newer albums are not shown there.

And regarding exiting Bandcamp, why not announce this to followers through the community channel? You might have sold some more music if it were known to disappear from that online marketplace!

A pity it is all gone into oblivion now

BruecknerAmbient
One of the Coolest Member

germany.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:57 pm    Re: Javi Cánovas music Reply with quoteBack to top

« Javi » wrote:
I worked hardly during 15 years but Im consciuos what my music likes only a few persons in the world. Well, I tried it.

Well, I think it's about the same for many independent artists today - and many of them are very good musicians. It's surely the same for me (although I don't consider myself to be very good...).

In the end it's the sheer mass of music (and often even great music) available - and often even available for free - that's the problem.
The freedom that the internet provides is a two-sided sword: we have the chance to just offer our work without the need for a label. And like us, everyone else has that chance, too...

I liked Your music, as far as I know it. I think You are a talented artist. It's a pity if Your music isn't available anymore for those who genuinly love it...

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Alvaro

spain.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:18 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear this, Javi. I have bought almost all of your albums (if not all...).

electrobs

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:04 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear Sad Fortunately i have Your whole discography (well, maybe except the last album).
Daniel
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:54 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Javi

I've got 18 of your albums...but not all, so upset I won't get the opportunity to complete the set - think I got all the Berlin School ones though.

Shame you didn't give us some warning of your exiting BC.....

If I could make EM, I would do it how you do - I'm a long-term fan and your music has brought me much happiness over the years - "In this moment, In this place" is an absolute classic of Berlin School sequencing.

Just because you have not reached the size of the audience that you deserve, does not mean you are anything other than a first-class musician and much appreciated by your fans. Quality not quantity (regrettably!)

All the best for your future endeavors

Daniel

My Life has Come

Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:48 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Javi,

I must confess that I am not particularly familiar with your music but looking to the abovementioned reactions you must admit that at least 4 of them did buy almost your complete discography.

You worked hard, fortunately not completely for ‘nothing’.

Time for a rebirth Smile

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
redphil2
Cool Member

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:05 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

A bad musician !! I have seen many many EM musicians play live and believe me you are easily amongst the very best 'musicians' it has been my pleasure to watch. Please don't give it all up believing you're not good enough. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
REWO Records

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:51 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

In respect to all those people who bought your music, I think you should re-consider this message.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
dropsonde

norway.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:50 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been a fan of your music all the way back to Impasse and Light Echoes. Have around 20 of your releases today and such a number wouldn't be bought if the musician/music was useless. I find your skills in sequencing up there with the best.

Anyway, I hope you'll reconsider and make your music available again and continue to create new music. If not, good luck to you on your future endevours.

Javi
Cool Member

spain.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:18 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you very much to all for your very kind words and for your support. Waiting for best times, I will release more music when be possible for me.
Thank you.

Javi
Cool Member

spain.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:54 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« REWO Records » wrote:
In respect to all those people who bought your music, I think you should re-consider this message.

In respect to other people like me, I think you should re-consider your post and, by the way, with that certain paternalist tone, should not tell me what I should or should not to do it. I had the decission by my own reasons. And I dont need that kind of advices. Keep it in your pocket, please.

ech3
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:36 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh no! I had intended to buy more of your music but the Bandcamp page I had book marked for you wasn't working. I assumed the link was wrong. I guess this is why.

I hope you might make it available again, somehow.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de