EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr - Non plus ultra

E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr
Cool Member

finland.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:12 pm    E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr - Non plus ultra Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear EM Friends,

After four years in the making, our new studio album is finally completed and released.

E-MUSIKGRUPPE LUX OHR - Non plus ultra
Svart Records (Svart 210)

Digitally available on BandCamp, Spotify, iTunes etc.

2LP on Black vinyl, 500 copies only. Gatefold jacket.

Through cosmic vortexes and comet zones the synthetic neo-kraut vessel E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr has returned from its nearly four-year mission. Non Plus Ultra is an eight-track cosmic voyage, where the space cadets Grönholm, KÀrki, Penttinen and Virta pilot their fellow travelers beyond space and time.

Along the years, some tracks of the album have often been heard at live shows, but some of them have never or rarely been played before the audience. Mainly Grönholm and Penttinen are responsible for the compositions, but Virta has also composed two pieces. Some pieces took their shape through years of live playing and continuous rearrangement whereas the others were fully created in the studio.

Legendary Eroc (Grobschnitt, among others) has mastered the double album. Since the beginning of the 1970s, he has had an enormous impact on the sound of German rock, especially progressive rock and krautrock, both as a recording and mastering engineer and a producer. The graphic artist Kimmo HeikkilÀ has conjured up the cosmic cover of the album.

Tracks:

A1 Die Suche nach dem Horizont - 10:20
A2 Bahnhof 77 - 9:28

B1 Der ewige Wanderer - 7:58
B2 Aus dem Kollaps geboren - 12:50

C1 Hypnogenesis III - 14:20
C2 Traumraum - 6:02

D1 Der DoppelgÀnger - 7:32
D2 Die vergangene Zukunft - 12:42

Track and album credits.

Tracks A1, B2 and D1 composed by Pertti Grönholm. Tracks C1, C2 and D2 composed by Jaakko Penttinen. Track A2 composed by Pertti Grönholm and Ismo Virta. Track B1 composed by Ismo Virta. All tracks arranged by E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr.

Recorded, edited and mixed by Pertti Grönholm and E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr in Turku, Finland in 2016-2019. Mastered by Eroc at Eroc's Mastering Ranch, Breckerfeld, Germany 2019.

Cover idea by E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr. Cover design and artwork by Kimmo HeikkilÀ 2019. Front cover photo by Sami Salo 2018. Band photo by Pertti Grönholm 2018.

Last edited by E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr on Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Bert
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:13 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

nice one guys.....

http://www.sonicimmersion.org/emusikgruppe-lux-ohr-non-plus-ultra/

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr
Cool Member

finland.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:48 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Bert!
E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr
Cool Member

finland.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:26 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear EM Friends,

Since every now and then we are asked on other forums and our FB site about audio CD's, we are wondering if there's enough people preferring our music on CD, rather than on vinyl, tape and digital releases? So far our LP's have been sold out quite rapidly and if there is a genuine demand for CD's we would be happy to consider releasing a CD Box containing all our studio albums and lots of extras. Please feel free to comment.

Best wishes from PG / E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr

Bert
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:33 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

well, I'm still a hardcopy afficionado so count me in if that would happen on factory-pressed cds...

E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr
Cool Member

finland.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:41 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Review by Dj Astro @ Astroblog

https://astralzoneblog.blogspot.com/2020/02/e-musikgruppe-lux-ohr-non-plus-ultra.html?fbclid=IwAR0F439GjIK1z7gyVf1-vLkQ5iEZWCt_exCVVO_DEIGELVsZOqRRjuyVSu0

E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr
Cool Member

finland.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:42 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Review @ Prog Archives

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=64739

RogerS
Very Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:22 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

From me digital download via Bandcamp is perfect. Less waste as I only use the CD once to make a FLAC copy.

Now listening on Bandcamp: Great album I immediately bought it (another advantage of a digital download. Direct satisfaction Smile )

RogerS
Very Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:59 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

And another nice advantage of Bandcamp is the referral to other artists and albums.
So also bought Galactic Travellers - Live 1975....
How old school can it be.....

E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr
Cool Member

finland.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:41 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Roger! GT was actually a short-lived spin off live project by EMG Lux Ohr members Ismo Virta and Jaakko Penttinen. Smile
ech3
Even more Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 9:41 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry if I resurrect this thread, but I just heard a track from this album on the Ultima Thule radio show and knew I had to have it.

And to mention another advantage of Bandcamp, the opportunity to purchase your entire discography at a discounted price, which I did.

Fantastic music!

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo HeikkilÀ

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2020 CBACK.de