EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Music you have recently bought - Part 2

Rapsodies
One of the Coolest Member

france.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:11 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Jon » wrote:
« Rapsodies » wrote:
« Jon » wrote:
« Rapsodies » wrote:

Bel Canto 's Keena Mareeme CD-single, the one with the wrong cover (I'd love someone to tell me why, by the way), since it does not have Unicorn at all but two interesting B-side tracks. I'll always be a fan of that group (excepting their last album, that unbearable marketing-driven slop).

Strange...it's called Unicorn but hasn't got the track on it? I can ask Anneli about it on Facebook, if I'm lucky she will reply. Very Happy

Beyond The Within may be my favourite Bel Canto track ever, unbelievable that it wasn't featured on the 1992 album.

You mean you didn't like Dorothy's Victory from 2002? I personally think that' s a very fine album.

Saw them live several times, the last time a few years ago.

Yes, this CD has got Keena Mareeme, Beyond the Within and a remix of The Suffering. I find these two rarities splendid and, indeed, I believe that they should have been included in one of their albums.

Sorry about their last album, I should have used more respectful words. It was a big disappointment to me. To me, it sounded like the end of a wonderful adventure, which it was, since their group ended after that.

Bel Canto didn't "end" after Dorothy's Victory. They haven't released any more music, but they still play live from time to time. I saw them in 2015.

I think there are many good tracks on Dorothy's Victory: Night Lady, Ladonia, You Rock My World Tonight and Disappear Club 5 are my favourites.

Night Lady:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t1h0klhX58

They're still playing live ? Nice. You were lucky to see them.

Night Lady sounds pleasant to me (thanks for the link), but still a far cry from Birds of Passage, my favourite album. It's all about tastes, I guess.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:48 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Klaus Schulze || Irrlicht (1972)

on vinyl...

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:44 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Tomita || Firebird (1975, Vocalion 2019)

on SACD...

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
thirdsystem

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:50 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Before I immerse myself in the massive new TD box, I wanted to mention this one...

Concept Devices - Conceptus Fabrica

An album from Martyn Greenwood. Have to say this really is something special. It is an album of great subtlety with gradually developing melodies , sequences and themes. Hints of the Dream, Berlin School and some more ambient moments. Reminiscent of the wonderful Steve Jolliffe album I have.

I thoroughly recommend this. Samples on Bandcamp. Order the CD and you also get a full download. Great piece of work that I will revisit many times.

https://conceptdevices.bandcamp.com/album/conceptus-fabrica

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:27 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« thirdsystem » wrote:
Before I immerse myself in the massive new TD box, I wanted to mention this one...

Concept Devices - Conceptus Fabrica

An album from Martyn Greenwood. Have to say this really is something special. It is an album of great subtlety with gradually developing melodies , sequences and themes. Hints of the Dream, Berlin School and some more ambient moments. Reminiscent of the wonderful Steve Jolliffe album I have.

I thoroughly recommend this. Samples on Bandcamp. Order the CD and you also get a full download. Great piece of work that I will revisit many times.

https://conceptdevices.bandcamp.com/album/conceptus-fabrica

I had a listen to the samples before and think that especially the solos are quite appalling. As an example the melody at around the 1.30 mark on bandcamp sounds like it's played by a 3-year ols on a cheap keyboard.

I'm glad I spent my money on...

Johannes Schmoelling - Zeit Unendlich?

Great musicianship and he seems to be a very humble, even shy person.

thirdsystem

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:58 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:

I had a listen to the samples before and think that especially the solos are quite appalling. As an example the melody at around the 1.30 mark on bandcamp sounds like it's played by a 3-year ols on a cheap keyboard.

Blimey. Bit unfair to say that I feel, especially after hearing samples. The album is 70 minutes and really is excellent. I heard a track on the Dreamscape radio podcast and liked it. Ron Boots was enthusiastic about the album and this is well justified I think. Each to their own though.

Martyn actually posts on here, or posted. I am sure he will be interested to read the discussion.

Not heard Schmoeling/Waters yet, really fancy getting it however Tangerine Dream and Be Bop Deluxe Box Sets have totally cleared me out.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:11 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« thirdsystem » wrote:
« VCO1 » wrote:

I had a listen to the samples before and think that especially the solos are quite appalling.

Blimey. Bit unfair to say that I feel, especially after hearing samples. The album is 70 minutes and really is excellent.

Good to hear you like the album. I still think the solo I heard was of such a quality that I don't want to listen to the full album. And maybe I'm missing an excellent album because of that. So be it.

« thirdsystem » wrote:

Ron Boots was enthusiastic about the album and this is well justified I think.

Ron has been enthusiastic about quite a few albums that I didn't like at all lately. Eloy Fritsch's Journey... and Spyra's InSPYRAtion for example.

« thirdsystem » wrote:

Each to their own though.

Exactly. Smile

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:02 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I was bored and they had free shipping at jpc.de, so I bought

Klaus Schulze - La Vie Electronique 5 & 6

(Yes Michael, I’m buying KS again... Wink)

And since I was in classic mode anyway - and triggered by the enthusiastic reactions on this forum - I added

Tangerine Dream - In Search Of Hades.

VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Yesterday at 16:39    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

In Search of Hades just arrived. Impressive packaging, to say the least!
Rapsodies

france.gif

PostPosted: Yesterday at 20:50    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:
In Search of Hades just arrived. Impressive packaging, to say the least!

My own copy of In Search of Hades has arrived, too. It is a magnificent object, indeed. I'll be able to start listening to the music this week-end. I'm looking forward to it.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2019 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2019 CBACK.de