EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

['ramp] -- synchronize or die

Audioot
Even more Cool Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:44 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Listened on Bandcamp, immediately ordered through Groove. (That's just around my corner Smile )

Update: LOL Very fast service Ron/Monique: ordered at 9:30, at the doormat when I came home at 16:30 SmileSmileSmile

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
VinceL

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:21 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

F**king US postal service!!! Mad Evil or Very Mad

I received a package from Mr. Parsick today (it took 2 weeks to get from NY to me in North Carolina...usually takes 2-3 days), and the package was EMPTY!!! Evil or Very Mad It appears the flap on the padded envelope was ripped and allowed the CD to slide out. Some idiot figured he would help out and put some packing tape over the ripped flap. It appears to have been successful in not allowing anything else to slide out of what was already an empty envelope. Mad

GrahamH
Very Cool Member

scotland.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VinceL » wrote:

I received a package from Mr. Parsick today (it took 2 weeks to get from NY to me in North Carolina...usually takes 2-3 days), and the package was EMPTY!!! Evil or Very Mad It appears the flap on the padded envelope was ripped and allowed the CD to slide out. Some idiot figured he would help out and put some packing tape over the ripped flap. It appears to have been successful in not allowing anything else to slide out of what was already an empty envelope. Mad

Vince that's utterly shocking, I'm sorry to hear that mate.

Only a complete clown would tape up an empty envelope.... Shocked

Thankfully I believe Stephen sent them by tracked mail, so hopefully you should be able to claim the postal service for this and get another one?

Some day they'll invent packaging that's 100% idiot proof i.e. guaranteed to protect the contents from the postal service.... Rolling Eyes

That's possibly the most bizarre/unfortunate story I've ever heard in all my years buying music... you really couldn't make this stuff up...

Hope you get it resolved soon Sir.... Smile

Starwalker
One of the Coolest Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:07 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VinceL » wrote:

US Postal carriers are fat , old and lazy azzes. Ive had similar issues too, how retarded, sorry you had to go through that.

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
Naus

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:03 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Just ordered it from bandcamp (together with ceasing to exist and return), listening to the download.

What a great album this is!

Alvaro

spain.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:59 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I received my copy 9 days ago. First impression was great, and I've been waiting along the days to see if that impression lasted after several listenings. But the more I listen to this album, the more I like it.

It's an extraordinary work of art.

All the sequencing in the album is outstanding, but track 3, "hanging gardens" contains the best sequencing I've ever heard. EVER. And there's no MIDI nor computers nor quantizing. Astounding Shocked

Total pro, Stephen Very Happy Cool

Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:14 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Alvaro » wrote:
Well, I received my copy 9 days ago. First impression was great, and I've been waiting along the days to see if that impression lasted after several listenings. But the more I listen to this album, the more I like it.

It's an extraordinary work of art.

All the sequencing in the album is outstanding, but track 3, "hanging gardens" contains the best sequencing I've ever heard. EVER. And there's no MIDI nor computers nor quantizing. Astounding Shocked

Total pro, Stephen Very Happy Cool

Agreed, however my favorite track is Godzilla, go figure Very Happy Shocked

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:38 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VinceL » wrote:

I am appalled to hear that. I will file a claim with Deutsche Post when I'm back in the office next week.

That's why I keep sending shipments abroad as signed-for letters, and even this doesn't help. Which is annoying.

I think I will have to generate some download codes for those folks who have ordered directly from me but whose shipments got lost along the way. Will look into that as well.

Thanks for your patience, and -- of course -- for all your kind words. Much appreciated.

Stephen

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
klockwerk
Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:58 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Really enjoying this release also. I hope Stephen makes enough money on this to release more like this. This is really a top tier release everyone should own (and probably my favorite of the year).
Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:20 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« klockwerk » wrote:
Really enjoying this release also. I hope Stephen makes enough money on this to release more like this. This is really a top tier release everyone should own (and probably my favorite of the year).

He will, Stephen is a big supporter of physical copied music.

Bert

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:27 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

a very well done album, congrats Stephen;
for those interested in my review:
www.sonicimmersion.org/review.php?letter=r&review=73581

dronescape
musical thief & thoroughly bad guy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:24 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Progscape Radio will be showcasing SoD on 12th December:

http://www.progscaperadio.com/

I've recorded some radio station IDs for Mike, I'm curious to hear which one he will end up using.

Thank you for tuning in to Progscape Radio,

Stephen.

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2016 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2017 CBACK.de