EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Bridge To Imla, The Radiant Sea, Review by Bert Strolenberg

Bert
One of the Coolest Member

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:07 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

my review is in the works since a couple of days...

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Bert » wrote:

Oha! Shocked I can feel the suspense rising! We are awaiting Your judgement with trembling excitement!

And of course: thanks for Your attention, Your effort and the heads-up, Bert! Smile

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
thirdsystem

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:32 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a stunning piece of work. Congratulations Michael and Hans.

Download obtained and the Seetyca -Winter Light album also.

Absolutely superb albums.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:20 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Bert » wrote:

Bert, thank You VERY much for Your positive review, also from Hans-Dieter and the Label!

I'll share it below in a seperate post! Very Happy

« thirdsystem » wrote:
This is a stunning piece of work. Congratulations Michael and Hans.

Absolutely superb albums.

Oh! Shocked Thank You very much!!! For Your friendly feedback, and of course also for the purchase... Very Happy

And for this very friendly mention over at the "Hypnos" forum

http://www.hypnos.com/smf/index.php?topic=3286.500

Winter-Light pointed it out to us the other day - of course, such support is IMMENSELY appreciated!!!

BruecknerAmbient

germany.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:30 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

We are very (like in VERY very) happy about Bert Strolenberg's positive review of "The Radiant Sea" for his page Sonic Immersion.

Thank You very much, Bert!

http://www.sonicimmersion.org/review.php?letter=B&review=73606

BRIDGE TO IMLA
The Radiant Sea
CD/DIGITAL DOWNLOAD, Winter-Light Records, 2017

Bridge to Imla is a project by the German duo Michael Brückner and Hans-Dieter Schmidt who started collaborating occasionally since 2012. At first glance exploration and discovery seem central themes throughout the deep ambient trip making up "The Radiant Sea".

The origins of the latter hail back to August 2013 when Michael Brückner created the dark ambient track "All the Weight of the Sun" for a compilation that dealt with the (then recent) nuclear disaster in Fukushima, Japan. Whilst working on that track, Michael created hours of different ambient textures, most of which remained unused. Later that same year, Hans-Dieter and Michael started to make plans for recording a collaborative release, and those unused soundscapes formed the raw material for what would end up as "The Radiant Sea" (on which mastering expert Robert Rich would put the icing on the cake in the final stage).

And an adventurous, highly mesmerizing and imaginary aural adventure it is, matching beautifully with the fantastic album cover art. The alchemy of gentle waves, slight foreboding tapestries, captivating spherics and washes of emotive textures presented to the listener are compelling from start to finish. In addition, occasional ghostly/otherworldly plains are traversed along haunting passages of ascent and descent in the continuous gliding aural vortex. And there’s the organic, almost tactile component running underneath the continuous soundscape making things shift to another dimension quite regularly.

The aforementioned make the 74-minute "The Radiant Sea" a strong contender for headphone listening and deep listening aficionados.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2016 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2017 CBACK.de