EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

upcoming releases Michael Stearns

Starwalker
One of the Coolest Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:48 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« iSpace » wrote:
« Starwalker » wrote:
Bert what about the cd?

Music for the Dome is now available to order via Michael's homepage. It is a third-party duplicated CD-R, but at least it's full res. The shipping is high for me (US$16.76 for one CD-R sent to Australia), but there's no other option.

I cant support an artist like this, i just checked im in the US, he wants 15 US dollars for a cdr, plus shipping, you get both new releases, its 7.88 shipping first class, huge ripoff. I refuse to support him again. So almost 40 US dollars for 2 cdrs shipped in the US, absurd and ridiculous.

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
iSpace

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:06 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Starwalker » wrote:
« iSpace » wrote:
« Starwalker » wrote:
Bert what about the cd?

Music for the Dome is now available to order via Michael's homepage. It is a third-party duplicated CD-R, but at least it's full res. The shipping is high for me (US$16.76 for one CD-R sent to Australia), but there's no other option.

I cant support an artist like this, i just checked im in the US, he wants 15 US dollars for a cdr, plus shipping, you get both new releases, its 7.88 shipping first class, huge ripoff. I refuse to support him again. So almost 40 US dollars for 2 cdrs shipped in the US, absurd and ridiculous.

Yes it's really disappointing when CDs could be sold via CD Baby, Bandcamp, Amazon or even eBay. The $17 shipping charge for 1 CD-R has stopped me from ordering the Dome release for almost a year now. I wonder if anyone can give him this feedback & suggestions?

Also I'm sure there are some enterprising young labels willing to put up a thousand bucks to manufacture & sell real CDs (not CD-Rs). There are a heap of new labels re-issuing old New Age albums these days.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
VCO1

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:49 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The downloads on Bandcamp are pretty expensive too. $12.50-$15.00 (excl. VAT if you buy from abroad) for a download album is on the high side. I guess he thinks his music is worth it. Who am I to disagree with that...
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:12 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Downloads for Stearns in the US is absurd too, i emailed concerning this along with prices on cds, they said its the company not them.
thirdsystem

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:45 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

These prices are ridiculous, especially for downloads .

No chance.

Shooting himself in the foot with this as it will put many folk off. No way I will ever be paying that. Oh well. Plenty other superb music out there to purchase.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:57 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

The problem is he does not own the rights, I asked him for it to be released on Groove like we did with the other older releases but this is not his to decide so please don't blame Michael, as I think he has little to do with the pricing
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
Starwalker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:16 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep i know Ron, they mentioned it was the manufacturing company is just overpriced, so it made sense enough. I dont download but those prices are crazy. Should have rethought a different company.
Ron

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:24 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

yep i think he has a manager now so that might be the problem
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2016 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2017 CBACK.de