EMPortal.info Forum Index The Gateway to Electronic Music
Navigation  •   Portal  •   Forum  •   Profile  •   Search  •   SmartFeed  •   Register  •   Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Hollan Holmes - Prayer To The Energy

Starwalker
One of the Coolest Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:18 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« VCO1 » wrote:
Thanks again Hollan. I surely appreciate your explanations.

As an lover of electronic music I'm not too happy with this. But I do respect your (business) decisions.

If there's enough positive reviews I might change my mind. Someday.

I will tell you its quite worth it, known Hollan for many years now, he would never rip off anyone or charge more than he should. Hes a very honest good man, trust me, its worth it, both cds are phenomenal, IMO could be his best work yet.

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
patient_ot

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:28 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

After a listen on Tidal, I bought the CD as soon as I could. Admittedly, I'm not familiar with Hollan's previous work but this album really impressed me. I don't often splurge on releases like this anymore but I made an exception in this case.
HiddenView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
Bert

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:29 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

it's a great album, I gave it 5 out of 5 stars (which happened only a few times before)

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
thirdsystem

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:48 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah this is excellent, just listened to it properly for the first time last night.

Good mixture of sequence, melodic and ambient styles.

Daniel
Even more Cool Member

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:01 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sequences are really lovely...I am even liking the ambient second half/second CD!

My Life has Come

RemoteViewing81

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:09 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you Hollan for "A Midwinter Night's Dream", I can't seem to get enough of this track.

Paul

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:10 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Hollan's music is, in my opinion, a work of genius. The perfect mixture between Berlin School and ambient. His sounds are excellent. In have written a review of the album in the coming issue of the Dutch magazine iO Pages.
Vignoble @ Co.
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:16 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Paul » wrote:
Hollan's music is, in my opinion, a work of genius. The perfect mixture between Berlin School and ambient. His sounds are excellent. In have written a review of the album in the coming issue of the Dutch magazine iO Pages.

Hi Paul,

Would it be an idea to add IO Pages to our media section and a kind of ‘publish’ your reviews on a regular basis?

https://twitter.com/emportal

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
hhh
Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:28 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, everyone, I'm honored. The response to this release has been a bit overwhelming, but I'm certainly not upset about it. Wink

And Bert Strolenberg, thank you sir, for your very positive review of my latest. Deeply grateful for your highest rating. Your reviews have been and continue to be a powerful component in spreading the word about my work and I'm grateful for your time and consideration.

This album was a real struggle for me, thus the two years to make it. Taking a break to concentrate on my paintings and recharge my ambient batteries. Next release Summer of '18. Fall, perhaps.

Cheers and thanks again, everyone, Very Happy

-hhh

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
hhh
Cool Member

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:33 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« Paul » wrote:

Paul, thank you! iO Pages have been quite good to me over the last couple of years. Honored to be featured and reviewed in your pages.

My wife, however, might argue against the use of the word, genius. She would likely argue that geniuses generally don't lose their keys as often as I do. Wink

Cheers and thanks!

-hhh

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

© 2007-2016 EMPortal.info
Original logo design by Kimmo Heikkilä

CrackerTracker © 2004 - 2017 CBACK.de