EMPortal.info

New Releases and Reviews - JAN HAMMER - Seasons Part 1 (2018)

Jon - Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:43 am
Post subject: JAN HAMMER - Seasons Part 1 (2018)
First album in YEARS!

Check here
Alvaro - Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:30 am
Post subject:
Good news. Thanks, Jon Smile
treibklang - Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:45 pm
Post subject:
Nice. Not spectacular sounding, but definitely a Hammer.
Jon - Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:19 pm
Post subject:
« treibklang » wrote:
Nice. Not spectacular sounding, but definitely a Hammer.


I don't know how much we can expect from the 70-year old Hammer. I'm just glad he doesn't release an acoustic jazz album!
GrahamH - Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:03 am
Post subject:
I remember buying Escape from Television on vinyl
when it was first released in 1987.

Haven't listened to it in a good 15-20 years,
but from memory a good album that I still have in my collection to this day Wink
dronescape - Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:42 am
Post subject:
Acoustic jazz and jazz rock would be his home turf where his talents truly shine.

Music for television and commercials was nothing but a more profitable enterprise.

There is a Jan Hammer *before* Miami Vice, you know.

Stephen
Jon - Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:01 pm
Post subject:
« GrahamH » wrote:
I remember buying Escape from Television on vinyl
when it was first released in 1987.

Haven't listened to it in a good 15-20 years,
but from memory a good album that I still have in my collection to this day Wink


It's a brilliant album. Put it on! Cool
Jon - Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:07 pm
Post subject:
« dronescape » wrote:
Acoustic jazz and jazz rock would be his home turf where his talents truly shine.

Music for television and commercials was nothing but a more profitable enterprise.

There is a Jan Hammer *before* Miami Vice, you know.

Stephen


….sigh...that guy again…

For me, Jan Hammer started to get really interesting in 1983 when he did his first film scores. If you don't agree, fine. Stick with his Mahavishnu or 70s solo album stuff.

The work he did on Miami Vice was MASSIVE and revolutionary, almost 4 seasons with new music for every show during 1984 - 1988.

Yes, there was a Jan Hammer before MV, but don't tell me MV was anything less excellent than the stuff from the 70s.
GrahamH - Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:39 pm
Post subject:
« Jon » wrote:
« GrahamH » wrote:
I remember buying Escape from Television on vinyl
when it was first released in 1987.

Haven't listened to it in a good 15-20 years,
but from memory a good album that I still have in my collection to this day Wink


It's a brilliant album. Put it on! Cool


I might just do that this evening Jon.

I suspect it may well be the first spin
that this particular vinyl has had this side of the millennium Wink

Incidentally, and if I'm not mistaken,
I think I might still have Crockett's Theme on 7 inch somewhere... Shocked

Powered by CBACK Orion based on phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group